Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info on rights

Options
  • 29-01-2010 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Info needed- we are 5 people living in a house, north city. We have no lease and one girl has moved out.We have had a lot of viewings but yet nobody has took the place. Our rent is coming for february and we are down one persons rent for one room. Understandably, we had agreed to pay the full rents amount last april when we moved in, every month, as we all knew each other, and the landlord insists we must split the difference to pay for the outstanding money for next months rent. We are actively seeking a replacement and will pay this difference until financially possible. But when will it end? If nobody moves in, must we keep paying the difference in order to save our deposits as there is a verbal agreement, and the landlord has threatened eviction and keeping all deposits paid(which is quite some money) if the rent isnt met every month.We have already tried to negoiate some time to help us find somebody but the landlord doesnt care. Is there anywhere I can find out landlords and tenants rights?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I think Threshold gives a free advice service for tenants.
    Threshold

And the PRTB are dispute resolution.
    PTRB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

fez22 wrote: »
    Understandably, we had agreed to pay the full rents amount last april when we moved in

TBH, you knew what you were letting yourself in for! This is why I always make certain i'm renting my room in the house, and not splitting house rent. The above links for sure + citizeninformation.ie will tell you your rights and the landlords rights. You may be stuck until you find another tennant I would think.

Advertisement