Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zinc find in Ballybricken

Options
  • 28-01-2010 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

In Limerick Independent today that there was a big zinc find in ballybricken (says about 20 m tonnes), says its in a place called stonepark anyone know where this is exactly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭phog

Where's Ballybricken?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

phog wrote: »
    Where's Ballybricken?

Just past Ballyneety

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

ABEasy wrote: »
    In Limerick Independent today that there was a big zinc find in ballybricken (says about 20 m tonnes), says its in a place called stonepark anyone know where this is exactly?

I think it's about half a mile before Sheahan's cross (The hunting lodge). Coming from town.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Ya they have been finding loads of Zinc around those parts, it's been reported at various stages over the past year. There is a few areas under exploration, including one in Pallasgreen. The price of Zinc hit rock bottom last year so a lot of the exploration was put on hold, but the price has shot up again in recent months so it's all go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Come back zinc, come baaaaack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

h3000 wrote: »
    I think it's about half a mile before Sheahan's cross (The hunting lodge). Coming from town.

Cheers, was wondering where it was. Is that the land mr binman bought a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

People should really stop posting Limerick County topics in the City forum and vice versa!

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

says its in a place called stonepark anyone know where this is exactly?

Yes, I live there and we are not telling, we are keeping it all to ourselves :p

/evil laugh
    The are two drilling rigs 1/2 mile on either side of my house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Agent 99 -Live in Ballybricken too - wonder if we know each other!! I haven't noticed drilling rigs around. Must do a drive around tomorrow. Where are they?

Advertisement