Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very confused about Native Instruments order...

Options
  • 28-01-2010 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭

Very strange. I pre-ordered my X1 on the 26th December, ages ago on my credit card, happy out.

Then yesterday I got a call from the credit card company saying the declined the payment, as there'd been fraud attacks on Native Instruments, or something like that.

But, this morning I got an email from Native Instruments saying my order had been shipped...What's going on? Is it going to come? Or should I call SoundsAround and get them to order one in for me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

usually get a call from credit card company when i order somehing big from abroad. check your statement and see if the money came out.

maybe they were asking you was it fraud rather than telling you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

No they definitely said it was declined, and the money didn't go through, but apparently it was shipped anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

No they definitely said it was declined, and the money didn't go through, but apparently it was shipped anyway...

now wouldn't that be the sweetest error ever to happen :)

now wouldn't that be the sweetest error ever to happen :)

That's what I'm hoping for! It should be here by next Friday, if not I'll ring em up, cancel it, and get it from SoundsAround, and if it is, I'll either be getting a nice present from NI, or be getting an angry letter in a month's time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

Why would you ever get anything from sounds around?

• Advertisement

It just arrived! Looks perfect. Much bigger and chunkier than it looks on the videos, and it's lovely and heavy, really solid. I'll be throwing up a video on Digital.dj for Colly whenever I get the time.*

*Probably this weekend, I'm not going to be able to resist playing with it all day anyway.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Oh sweet thanks man! Yeah looks like a great piece of kit and can't wait to see one in the flesh myself...

I was pretty surprised when I saw the size of it, it's about twice as wide as I thought it'd be, which is great. Had a bit of trouble getting stuff set up, had to faff about updating different versions and stuff, but it's running nicely now, so I'll try and do that video tomorrow.

There's a couple of nice EanGolden tutorials on the X1 on youtube, with ideas you could use on Traktor with any controller.

It just arrived! Looks perfect. Much bigger and chunkier than it looks on the videos, and it's lovely and heavy, really solid. I'll be throwing up a video on Digital.dj for Colly whenever I get the time.*

*Probably this weekend, I'm not going to be able to resist playing with it all day anyway.

so did you get it for free or did the transaction go through on the credit card?

so did you get it for free or did the transaction go through on the credit card?

It came with an angry red invoice, which I havn't looked at yet, but I assume it's looking for money ASAP.

• Advertisement

so electrogrimey, where's this famous review?? We're waiting :)

so electrogrimey, where's this famous review?? We're waiting :)

It's coming, don't worry! I'll be mixing tonight, so I might do it then alright, watch this space :)

In written terms, I can say that it looks and feels great, doesn't remotely feel like a toy, like the Korg Nano series, or the cheaper all-in-one controllers. The MIDI map it comes with is almost perfect, it's just personal things that I don't like, but it comes with a shift mode, so you can map all the buttons a second time, although the mapping software isn't that easy to figure out, so I'll have to play with it tonight to see if I can work it.

Advertisement