Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadline for mature students ???

Options
  • 28-01-2010 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone, iv completed my CAO but wont be able to send my additional postal documents untill tomorrow -29th Jan, im sending them by swiftpost which gurantees next day delivery, but since the next day would be saturday i dont think they will be delivered untill monday which is the 1st...this isnt too late is it? or do they still accecpt them on the 1st?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

qwertytlk wrote: »
    Hey everyone, iv completed my CAO but wont be able to send my additional postal documents untill tomorrow -29th Jan, im sending them by swiftpost which gurantees next day delivery, but since the next day would be saturday i dont think they will be delivered untill monday which is the 1st...this isnt too late is it? or do they still accecpt them on the 1st?

Postal documents have 7 days to arrive from date of application so if you sent the application say today Jan 28th then you have until Feb 4th to get them in. Only application needs to be in before Feb 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

OK thanks, but none of the applications are taken by CAO untill 1st so everyone obviously has till the 7th then!!

qwertytlk wrote: »
    OK thanks, but none of the applications are taken by CAO untill 1st so everyone obviously has till the 7th then!!

I dont know about that for sure. I have only ever seen that all postal documents must be in within 7 days of application. That at least is how I undertansd it. I cant see why thay would write that unless it was enforced. Also why would they offer a discount for having applications in by mid January ? The only reason I can think for this is that they must start the processing before Feb 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

I got stuck waiting on 1 reference & like yourself qwertytlk, I am sending mine tomorrow via swift post.
    I'd say it will be fine but definitely go swift post if you applied more than 7 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

I also had to wait until today (even tho my LC didnt turn up, nor my Academic Reference :( ) but i posted it off tody using express post and the lady in the post office said she guaranteed it would be there monday.

Hopefully my LC and Reference will arrive monday and i can post them off before the 5th!

All this running around, and now we have to wait months to hear anything back! :(

• Advertisement

If you post a letter anywhere in Ireland nine times out of ten it arrives the following day just by normal post.

I had a letter sent from Limerick posted this tuesday and had it wednesday morning here in Dublin by standard post.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

Yeah, but ide rather pay the extra money than have my application rejected for it being late! Let me rest easy this weekend and not be freaking out !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

whats happens if you sent postal docs late, i made an application recently, but i mailed my stuff about 10 days after :eek:
    still all there before the feb 1 deadline,

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Should be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 buzzer21

So, when they say "the documents should be sent within 7 days of application" that means within 7 days of paying the fee and receiving a CAO number not within 7 days of completing the application (filling in all the required info etc.)?
    In that case I'm about 2 and a half weeks overdue with my postal documents :eek:

I thought it was 7 days from when you completed the application form (which I only did last night at half 12, which would have been February 1st, which may have been too late? Is the deadline before Feb 1st or up to and including Feb 1st? :confused:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

buzzer21 wrote: »
    So, when they say "the documents should be sent within 7 days of application" that means within 7 days of paying the fee and receiving a CAO number not within 7 days of completing the application (filling in all the required info etc.)?
    In that case I'm about 2 and a half weeks overdue with my postal documents :eek:

I thought it was 7 days from when you completed the application form (which I only did last night at half 12, which would have been February 1st, which may have been too late? Is the deadline before Feb 1st or up to and including Feb 1st? :confused:)

I only applied there this afternoon. Deadline was 5.15 this evening. Like you I got my application number about a week ago but only filled in the application today. Sent off my postal documents today as well. I assume it's 7 days from when you fill in the details. How would they know if you need to send documents otherwise?

At least I'm hoping this is the case, or I've messed up 2010:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 buzzer21

I went in to the CAO offices this evening and I hadn't even asked the question about from when the 7 days deadline was effective, or whatever; I just said that I hadn't sent the documents yet and the lady behind the desk was like "we don't really bother with the whole 7 days thing really" or something, so... coolio.

Advertisement