Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best used car metasite

Options
  • 28-01-2010 2:20pm
    Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭

Carzone?

What do you guys use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

I like donedeal, ive sold a car within 20 minutes of putting it on site. Seems to be a lot less time wasters and assholes using the site and ive never had a bad experience using it.
    Costs €3 to place an add. They can take the €3 off your mobile or landline phone so no need for a cc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

donedeal is good..... if you're selling a bargain shed! We'll that seems to be all that's on it really.

PS, carzone, donedeal etc aren't metasites ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

steve06 wrote: »
    donedeal is good..... if you're selling a bargain shed! We'll that seems to be all that's on it really.

PS, carzone, donedeal etc aren't metasites ;)

Carzone?

It's a site that aggregates other sites...

yes?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I think that Carzone feeds other sites, not the other way around.

I still use carzone/driving.ie the most just to wistfully look at cars I can't afford. If I was in the market to actually buy a new car, I would scour them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

I like donedeal, ive sold a car within 20 minutes of putting it on site. Seems to be a lot less time wasters and assholes using the site and ive never had a bad experience using it.
    Costs €3 to place an add. They can take the €3 off your mobile or landline phone so no need for a cc.

+1

Found my car on donedeal.

• Advertisement

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    Carzone?

It's a site that aggregates other sites...

yes?
    nope, as Eois says... it's the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Got mine on adverts...

Selling the old one i had it on donedeal, gumtree and adverts... was the sign in the window that won though..

steve06 wrote: »
    nope, as Eois says... it's the opposite.

huh?

so dealers get their listings through carzone?

Are you sure?

Why do dealers seem to have there onsite stock on carzone?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

A lot of dealers use the carzone listings to display the content on their own website, as carzone can provide a feed that blends in with their own website. Much easier than maintaining multiple stock lists on two different websites.

eoin wrote: »

A lot of dealers use the carzone listings to display the content on their own website

as carzone can provide a feed that blends in with their own website. Much easier than maintaining multiple stock lists on two different websites.

So it's a metasite then....

• Advertisement

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    So it's a metasite then....

It doesn't gather information from lots of sites, it just supplies different interfaces to the one primary set of data.

Carzone is a content distributor, it doesn't take it's content from multiple sites. Dealers put stock on carzone and it in turn sends the content to the dealer site, distributor site, rte, motornet etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Don't like donedeal, gumtree can be dodgy(but sold mine there and got a good amount of interest - if with stupid bids).

Bought mine on Ebay! :P

Advertisement