Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pets abroad

Options
  • 28-01-2010 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for some info, if anyone has any, on bringing a dog abroad, specifically from Ireland to Portugal. I have looked up bringing him on a plane, and it basically works out at about €800 each way!!

So I have checked out driving, and it looks do-able, I have found out that I can bring the dog from Ireland - Uk, but does anyone know about after this, ie UK to France, France onwards. Too much for a dog?

Any info appreciated.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Theres the regulations for France.. & Portugal..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Loads of info here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055469738

I'd rather bring my dogs in the car, than in a plane hold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 manofmoynalty

Getting them to portugal is not a problem, France can be tricky if driving and the penelties are quite hefty too. The big problem is getting your dog back into Ireland as you can only use certain airlines and also get approval from the dept of agriculture.
    And flying them in the cargo hold is alot kinder to them than driving. The cargo hold is temp controlled also and they are couped up alot less than while driving.
    Depending on where in Portugal you are going you most likely will not be able to use a direct flight as Aer Lingus canot take live animal within Europe. The reason is the cargo hold on EI aircraft do not meet the spec to carry animals.
    We ship animals on a daily basis so should you want more info just drop me a line

• Registered Users Posts: 36 emese

Hi,
    We are going to france for two weeks in october and we are hoping to take our dog with us. She's had her 7 months wait once already to come into the country, so what i'd like to know is: will she be free to travel in and out of ireland from now on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

There's definately no need to drag up 2 of them!

There is a recent thread on the subject here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056347882

Locking

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement