Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Learner Permit

Options
  • 28-01-2010 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭

Hi!

I'm 16, but will be 17 come May, and would like to get my learner's permit. However, I'm unclear how to apply for one-and is there a waiting list? I'm in Galway btw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Go to www.dtts.com. Book your test, study and pass:D

You need an eye test. Go to your local motor tax office get the relevant form. Then apply in there with a few little pictures of ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

You need to pass a Driver Theory Test first - www.dtts.ie . Then apply for a Learner Permit using form D201 - available in your local Garda station or Motor tax Office.

(At 16, you may apply for a Learner Permit in categories A1, M and W).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

You need to pass a Driver Theory Test first - www.dtts.ie . Then apply for a Learner Permit using form D201 - available in your local Garda station or Motor tax Office.

(At 16, you may apply for a Learner Permit in categories A1, M and W).

Thanks for the replies! So, can I do the Theory test at my age now, or do I have to be a certain age? and what does the Learner Permit involve? Do I have to do another test for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Thanks for the replies! So, can I do the Theory test at my age now, or do I have to be a certain age? and what does the Learner Permit involve? Do I have to do another test for that?

See here for the information about the learners permit

http://www.rsa.ie/SERVICES/RSA_Services/Driver_Licensing.html#LEARNER%20PERMIT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Yes you can do the theory test now. When you pass you get a certificate which accompanies your application form for the licence. Then it's the real driving test:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Thread moved to "Learning to Drive"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Just another quick Q! If I do my theory test now, and get an eye test done and send off the application(provided I pass the theory test;)), am I eligible to get a learner's permit, as I am only 16.

Sorry DonegalFella-just after seeing your very helpful post now! Thanks a million!:)

• Advertisement

I'm sorry about this-but I have one other question!:o

I'm applying for it now online, and I have to select from a category:

-Buses theory test
    -Car/tractor and work vehicles theory test
    -Heavy good theory test
    -Motor Cycle/Moped theory test
    -Tástáil Teoirice do bhusanna
    -Tástáíl Teoirice do charanna
    -Tástáíl Teoirice do Rothair
    -Tástáil Teoirice do Thrucailí

Do I go with Car/tractor and work vehicles theory test?

Advertisement