Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New website and google search query!

Options
  • 28-01-2010 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi all,
    I'm looking for a little bit of assistance. I know a little bit about comps, and a guy i know with his own business asked me to create a website for him, its basic enough but he seems to be getting some business out of it already.
    I was wondering if any of you could help me, he now wants it to appear to of the list in google search, and actually its nearly impossible to find on google search at the moment, how can i do this?

and if any of ye have a few mins to spare,can you have a look at the page and give and feedback, the site is www.bdlservices.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

tikprik wrote: »
    he now wants it to appear to of the list in google searchwww.bdlservices.ie

If you find out how to do this (without months of hard work) let us all know will you :)

Your site is down so I can't give feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 tikprik

sorry about that, but it should be back up now!

Is there some keyword setup the could even help me get the webpage to show up on the google search when i search for external wall insulation?

oh yeah, and one more thing, how much should i charge for creating the website?

sorry about that, but it should be back up now!

Is there some keyword setup the could even help me get the webpage to show up on the google search when i search for external wall insulation?

Change your page title to "External wall Insulation Ireland - BLDServices.ie" , change

<font face='Arial' size='+1' color='#013B3E'>

BDL Retrofit Services

</font>

to <h1>External wall Insulation Ireland - BLDServices.ie</h1>, mention <strong>external wall insulation</strong> in your content a few times, mention it in your meta description.

Your coding is very old fashioned too, it would help your SEO if you updated the site to a CSS based design.

Thanks cormee, i know the site is basic enough, but trying to get the guy who wants the site to sit down and discuss design and content is like trying to pull hens teeth!

one final question, how much should i charge him?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

It's unbelieveably slow to load on a 3MB broadband connection.

Thanks cormee, i know the site is basic enough, but trying to get the guy who wants the site to sit down and discuss design and content is like trying to pull hens teeth!

one final question, how much should i charge him?

Well explain to him it's not going to happen unless he sits down with you.

Charge an hourly rate of whatever you think your time is worth and any changes he makes to the original design brief will be charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Configure the site so it integrates with CushyCMS - this will give him the ability to update the content himself very easily.

Getting a client to finalise content is very often the biggest delay in completing a website, so just give him the ability to do it himself, so you can say that your part is done.

eoin wrote: »
    Configure the site so it integrates with CushyCMS - this will give him the ability to update the content himself very easily.

Getting a client to finalise content is very often the biggest delay in completing a website, so just give him the ability to do it himself, so you can say that your part is done.

Or else say you can't start until you have all the content.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Duckjob

You'd better hope GoogleBot didn't come to crawl your site and find it down. That's not going to do your ranking any good...

For a start, register the site with Google webmaster tools and you can start to get some useful info back on how Google sees your site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

cormee wrote: »
    Or else say you can't start until you have all the content.

That still leads to a delay in payment though!

eoin wrote: »
    That still leads to a delay in payment though!

Yep, it normally leads to a long delay in starting a project as well - but it's a good way of sorting the wheat out from the chaff. Some potential customers would disappear and never be heard from again but I'd much rather that than dealing with someone who is half-hearted about the project.

Advertisement