Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land Roller any advice???

Options
  • 28-01-2010 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi,

Im based in Galway county,
    And i am on the lookout for a new land roller.

Looking for an 8ft by 30-36inches high with a 12 to 13mm wall, with 3 point linkage, roughly in the price range of 1100 to 1200. Could you please advice. I have being quoted prices from 1500 to 1700 euros :eek:.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Genuineguy wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking for an 8ft by 30-36inches high with a 12 to 13mm wall, with 3 point linkage, roughly in the price range of 1100 to 1200. Could you please advice. I have being quoted prices from 1500 to 1700 euros :eek:.

Thanks.

I definitely wouldn't buy new - unless I had at least 100 days work per year for one. Personally I have about 2 days work per year for one and I bought one second hand for €600 about 3 years ago.

have a look at these:

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/machinery/1123376

A roller is very easy to transport on a car trailer if you have to travel to buy it. Just drop the water out of it and it makes it very easy to manouver.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

Genuineguy wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks.

landrollers are very easy to make because of their simple design.
    all you need is to get a sheet of 10mm plate rolled (i know a guy in galway that can do it for you) and fit two caps and two pieces of shaft . you can make up a box iron frame easily and fit two teak bushings and plates.
    we made our own a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭fastrac94

would be interested in making a roller for myself,have ya any contact details on fella that can roll the plate for the drum?????

fastrac94 wrote: »
    would be interested in making a roller for myself,have ya any contact details on fella that can roll the plate for the drum?????
    yes the guy is based near dunmore . he supplied the steel as well .

http://mullinsonsitemachining.com/index.php?p=3

ya cant remember roughly wha he charged ya....roughly????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

i know yer man alright from dunmore.....

i think it was either 300 or 400 euros for the sheet supplied including rolling and the two end caps cut to fit .
    thats about two years ago but steel has come back a lot in price in the last year so ring him and he will give you a price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

mossfort wrote: »
    i think it was either 300 or 400 euros for the sheet supplied including rolling and the two end caps cut to fit .
    thats about two years ago but steel has come back a lot in price in the last year so ring him and he will give you a price.

where are you from yourself?

sound job,ill give him a ring,he prob do a better price if i got him to make a few of them...thanks for the help.....

Advertisement