Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

UK buyer, buying in Ireland?

Options
  • 28-01-2010 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭

Someone I know asked me what's the procedure for buying a car in Ireland and bringing it to the UK? He lives in the UK and will be bringing it back straight after buying it.

Like does he fill in his UK address on the Log Book etc. or does he have to get a special form from the Tax Office?

It's a bit strange, a UK buyer buying over here - but to buy Integra's in the UK is stupidly expensive. They're far cheaper over here.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

He can get all the info he needs from the DVLA.

Try here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Harcrid

I recently sold my car to a UK buyer and the procedure was that on my end, I had to photocopy the VLC and send this along with a letter to Shannon stating that the car was being exported.

You need to give the original VLC to the buyer so that he can send it off to the DVLA to register the car in the UK. I think it cost’s about £55 to do this and VRT does not have to be paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Celtxx wrote: »
    VRT does not have to be paid.

Pity they dont refund current VRT value:rolleyes:

Advertisement