Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any thoughts on the Bayside/Sutton area?

Options
  • 28-01-2010 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭

I am looking at some houses in the Bayside area. Some seem to have come down over 50% by the figures I see on some web sites but it is hard to get a feel as the prices are not consistent. I know this is the same everywhere because prices are not falling consistently and some sellers are hanging on in hope of a recovery. I think prices will continue to fall .

Anyone have any opinion on this area? It's close to the Dart and the sea front.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭3DataModem

MarchDub wrote: »
    I am looking at some houses in the Bayside area. Some seem to have come down over 50% by the figures I see on some web sites but it is hard to get a feel as the prices are not consistent. I know this is the same everywhere because prices are not falling consistently and some sellers are hanging on in hope of a recovery. I think prices will continue to fall .

Anyone have any opinion on this area? It's close to the Dart and the sea front.

It's awesome.

Are you looking at the Bayside square area (Bayside Boulevard etc)? I love those houses - viewed a lot of them before I bought in Sutton. They are well built (although a lot have vented heating which you'll probably want to replace). Nice big 4 beds with big gardens and a garage. And IMO REALLY REALLY good value especially at current prices.

I live beside Sutton DART station at the moment and love it love it love it. Unfortunately I have to move away for work but I'm defo keeping my house so I can come back to it eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seahorse

Yes Bayside is lovely, plenty of peace and quiet, close to lovely areas like Baldoyle and Sutton and right on top of the coast road. I'd keep an eye on the proposed redevelopment of Bayside shopping centre though. The original proposals were shot down but who knows what sort of monstrosity will be proposed and possibly passed next time round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭MarchDub

Thanks guys that is exactly what I was looking to hear. Sounds like a good area. I like the look of it, close to transport and the sea - but wanted to get a feel for what it was like for residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

The whole peninsula is amazing. From Howth harbour, to red rock in sutton and st annes and dollymount beach in Raheny. All within spitting distance. Great excuse to hop on the bike or go for a stroll.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I grew up beside the beach in Sutton and it is a brilliant place to live.
    It is pretty quite except on sunny days!! and the beach is lovely.
    There is a superquinn and loads of restaurants and pubs but no shopping centres or anything and of course it is brilliant having the dart on the door step.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

Thread revival 😀. My son just bought a three bed mid terrace in Bayside and he paid €450K. Already JB Kelly has one at €495K

Advertisement