Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eco-Drive V Kinetic

• 28-01-2010 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Which do you think is the better technology, I'd go for eco-drive as with less moving parts it might last longer, thats just a guess though, I think it also lasts longer without recharge, also I think light as a powersource is a little more interesting than arm movement, all just opinions though, anyone got any thoughts ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭bothyhead

Eco-drives are cool, but the power reserve battery (or capacitor) will wear out in time.

I bought an eco-drive back in 1996, and a month or so ago it stopped working. Actually it has been routinely stopping every winter for a couple of years now, but a couple of days on a sunny windowsill has brought it back to life. Recently it will not hold it's charge for more than a couple of days. Like all rechargeable batteries, the internal power cell eventually has given out. At present it is with the Citizen repair centre [Calcul in Shannon] getting a new capacitor. The repair cost is quite reasonable, 52 eur - I bypassed my local AD and posted it to Calcul directly. It remains to see how it performs, but so far I'm impressed with their customer service.

So, apart from initial purchase, the total cost of ownership has been 52 eur in 13 years. That's 4 eur/year - impressive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

My own ecodrive, bought in december 96 has never given a spot of bother. The only time it ran out of power was when it was left in a box for a month.

Fantastic watch.

Advertisement