Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reccomendations for small MIDI pad for samples

Options
  • 27-01-2010 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭

Hey lads,

I'm getting really pissed off at something now. Being a stoney broke student I have a dirt cheap Numark TC which does fine, except for samples. I'm using deckadance so I have 8 sample banks to work with, but with the TC I can only really use 2:( Each side has 2 rotary knobs and 2 buttons. I've found no way of switching the controls from sample to sample, and even if I could it would be awkward as feck.

So, I think a MIDI pad for samples is in order, the problem is the lack of a budget. I was looking at the Korg Nanopad[http://www.thomann.de/ie/korg_nanopad.htm] but then I noticed the Akai [http://www.thomann.de/ie/akai_lpd_8.htm] which is going to be more suitable as there are 8 buttons which I can use to start/stop and 8 knobs for the volume so I can fade em in and out. I loose Hi-Low filters and the live sampling function, but I'll prerecord samples anyways and I can set the high low in advance with the touchpad, so all is good.

Two questions, one does anyone know if Deckdance can take MIDI from two devices simultaneously? Secondly, as above I'm broke; the LPD is 49+15 Shipping, I could stretch to it but any saving possible would be great. I dont mind cheap as chips US gear or whatever, and there is no real delivery rush. Any suggestions for something similar but cheaper[I realise this is kinda a big ask]?

Thanks,
    Lethal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

There's always something from the Korg Nano series on Adverts, sometimes you can pick them up for €30 if you're quick! I'd say the nanopad is perfect for that, just keep checking ads until one comes up. A nanokontrol would do as well, loads of buttons, and you could put a few more parameters on it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

x2 on electrogrimeys post, a nanokontrol would be perfect IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Both the nano and the LPD8 are on adverts, possibly sold, but I've put in offers on both. Fingers crossed.

TBH, the LPD is gonna be better, I need the faders(knobs).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Just checked out that Akai, it looks great actually, and might be a bit better quality than the Korgs if it's Akai. Might look into one for myself actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The Novation Nocturn is even better:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement