Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rats in Attic

Options
  • 27-01-2010 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

Any advice on how to get rats out of your attic. We caught one with a trap but belive there is still one left. Its avoiding the trap though. Would they be nesting?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Poison is not good idea for attic,, you dont want dead rats rotten in your attic,,trap seems to be best,, give it bit more time,,,, is trap working ok,,, the food is not gone from the trap when you look at it next day? if food is not taken from trap then you must not have anymore rats,,,, theres no reason why they would not go for food .

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

Justs be persistant with the trap. We had rats last year and after catching one we found it really difficult to catch the other one. Even though we could hear this one right next to the trap it took more than 2 weeks before he took the bait and was caught. I'd second a no-no on the poison. Do you have watertanks in the attic? If so I'd suggest you have them covered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭anamcarame

Justs be persistant with the trap. We had rats last year and after catching one we found it really difficult to catch the other one. Even though we could hear this one right next to the trap it took more than 2 weeks before he took the bait and was caught. I'd second a no-no on the poison. Do you have watertanks in the attic? If so I'd suggest you have them covered.

Thanks I think you are right. I will get the tank covered asap. I am convinced there were only two so we just have this one to get.
    I rang R*nt o' k*ll and there really did a good job of scare mongering me. I ended up agreeing to a call out for €200 and then a freind said they would only put poison down and call back a few time to see if it was touched, i decided to cancel. This proved to be hard as the technician gave me the hard cell. Even tried to reduce the price and told me that he had no way of cancelling the guy who was booked to call. It was all ver intimidating. Oh and he actually said I should get them to antibacterialise the house and it would be serious if I did not. More hard cell.

I am going to rebait the trap and get a few more, so hopefully in the next day or two....SNAP!

Advertisement