Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The C Word!!Please read and inform if possible

Options
  • 27-01-2010 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

*please move to different forum if appropriate*

Hi All,

Last week my Boyfriend's godson was taken into hospital with a brain tumor.

for three weeks over xmas he was very unwell and doctors brushed it off as a cold. after a battle he was finally given a referral and the tumor was discovered.

Maximillion is only three and a half :(:(

he had his op to have the tumor removed and that went ok.

today we found out the tumor is malignant and vicious.

he will have a lumbar procedure done next week and chemo commences.
    for the moment thats all we have heard from the hospital as Maximillion's parents are devastated and are brief on the phone. will know more tomorrow. he has a 60/40 chance of making it through....

have spent a bit of time on the net to try get informed and just feel so sad.

have any of ye had positive experiences of little kids with cancer?
    do they give them the same dosage as adults?

can their little bodies get through this?

their ignorance to what is happening can make them somewhat resiliant ?

Y

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Eliza Lynch

I don't have any experiences I just wanted to say I hope he recovers. My thoughts are with you and his family.
    I know there are web sites for Crumlin so maybe you can find something posted there from parents in a similiar situation?
    All the best

Advertisement