Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

06 VW Passat Climate Control Issue

Options
  • 27-01-2010 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I have a 06 VW Passat with Digital Climate display. If I set the temp at anything other than 'HI' I get cold air. Any Ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Cabin air temp sensor always thinks its too hot

• Registered Users Posts: 16 drogs_1

Was just adjusting the settings this evening and as I lower or higher up the temperature reading you can here the stepper motor kicking in but just all at the same temp, except as I said previously when I set it to 'HI'. Would any know where to look for the temperature sensor in the cabin area...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

drogs_1 wrote: »
    Was just adjusting the settings this evening and as I lower or higher up the temperature reading you can here the stepper motor kicking in but just all at the same temp, except as I said previously when I set it to 'HI'. Would any know where to look for the temperature sensor in the cabin area...

Its on the dashboard... center of the car.. Temp sensor can give trouble...

Have You ever taken one out? Just wondering the best way to get at it. I assume one can then be ordered from VW. Are they repairable?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Jaysus.. is there anything on the current Passat which can't go wrong??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

There's probably two. One will be centre top of the dash and possibly a second one near the controls

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Jaysus.. is there anything on the current Passat which can't go wrong??

Not really..........

There is defienetly one on the middle of the dash at the windscreen. Just a little nipple thing... Would the whole dash have to come off to get at this one.This will give me a place to start.. Thanks again for all the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭blackbox

Before you go pulling out electrics, have you checked the most basic reason why heaters don't work?

i.e. is there sufficient water in the cooling system?

Are you getting cold air when the air-con is set to "econ"?

I have cold air on any setting other than 'HI'. If I run it in ECON mode it is also cold. Just got thrown off that I have hot air when on the 'HI' setting. Will double check the coolant but should be fine as car just got a full service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement