Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney - RTE Radio 1 - Ferile Cats - 27.01.2010

Options
  • 27-01-2010 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭

Derek Mooney on RTE Radio 1 is doing a feature, at the moment, on ferile cats and the management of ferile cats in and around the Dublin area.

RTE probably has a playback feature for the show..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Cool, I'll try take a look later. Does he have any shelters on?

Just a stickler here - the word is "feral" and pronounced "fair-al" or "fear-ul", not "ferile". Pedantic I know, but it's one of those things that makes my skin crawl when I hear someone say it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

seamus, they were detailing the 'neuter and release' programme that the Corporation and various charities have.

You're probably well aware that putting them down doesn't work, as the space left is filled by another cat, but re-releasing them neutered keeps the balance, keeps them competing, without a population explosion.

New flat complexes with little garden\public areas seems to be a real problem.

---

Here's the playback page.

http://www.rte.ie/radio/mooneygoeswild/

---

Advertisement