Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hutton inquiry closed David Kelly medical reports for 70 years

Options
  • 27-01-2010 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭

Hutton inquiry closed David Kelly medical reports for 70 years, (OHH LOOK!, HE LOOKS LIKE A TERRORIST OVER THERE, WE'LL TALK ABOUT THE LITTLE DR KELLY MATTER AFTER WE GET ALL THESE TERRORISTS, By Me).
    Five doctors who made an application to the Oxford coroner to have the inquest reopened have been told Lord Hutton made a ruling in 2003 to keep medical reports and photographs closed for 70 years. "This is a revelation," said Michael Powers QC, a former assistant coroner and expert in coronial law. "I can't think of anything that would justify these documents being treated any differently."
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/jan/25/david-kelly-suicide-hutton-inquiry

Now 70 fukking years?, D.C. Coe will be dead and buried, operation MASON will be forgotten.

Entering the witness box at the Hutton Inquiry on 16th September 2003, one key figure stands out in the events surrounding Dr David Kelly's death. The fact that his testimony contradicts that of five previous witnesses has received no attention in the mainstream press and has failed to be brought out in the Inquiry itself. Moreover, the position of David Kelly's body prior to his arrival is different from its position when he leaves. This man is a British policeman: his name, Detective Constable Coe.
    http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/article.asp?ID=1164

Gagging order on David Kelly records could be lifted
    "I requested that the postmortem report should not be disclosed for 70 years as I was concerned that the publication of that report would cause [Kelly's] daughters and his wife further and unnecessary distress," Hutton said.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/jan/27/hutton-gagging-order-david-kelly

Ohh how very thoughtful of him, considering their feelings now after telling them their father killed himself when he was infact murdered.

Records on U.K. Scientist's Death Sealed until 2073
    http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01/25/world/worldwatch/entry6139105.shtml

Ok they were secretly gagged for 70 years, this was only revealed a few days ago, WHY?, now lord hutton is saying they "may" be seen by the "5" doctors.

Then he will show them to the 5 doctors(this was published before the above article which says he "may" )
    Confidential documents on death of Dr David Kelly to be released.

It was reported at the weekend that the medical reports including the post-mortem examination findings by Dr Nicholas Hunt, a pathologist, and also photographs of Dr Kelly’s body, are to remain classified for 70 years.
    There is also a 30-year ban on publication of records provided to the inquiry but not produced in evidence.
    The restrictions on publication were notified to a group of doctors who are challenging the Hutton verdict, arguing that the evidence does not support suicide.
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article7003861.ece

Now according to hutton, Dr Kelly committed suicide, ok, so why the fukking 70 year gagging order that 5 doctors may see, or a doctor'd version, whatever, but WTF?, why 70 years for general publication?, CIA-JFK?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Something doesnt ring true about his case at all.As shakespeare said something is rotten in the state of denmark!!

I think is some serious doubt over whether his death was a suicide and the files being locked away for the 70 years(basicaly anyone involved will be long dead).

One thing I find strange is that its known that war was started over false claims about WMD. That is good motive (possibly)for the murder of Dr Kelly.But what other information is there that in makes the uk government make the files hidden for 70 years.

Will definitely be keeping an eye on this to see how it pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I'm fairly convinced that there is something to this. It's not scientifically impossible or illogical so it's at least worth considering. But please, please, please don't connect it to lizards.

even if you leave aside the death of Dr. kelly ,everything else has been out in public domain for a few years.All the people who could suffer from it being made public,have all ready taken the hit,Tony blair , alaister cambell etc.

What I want to know is the bit that isnt in the public domain and warrants being kept secret for 70 years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

what would people say if after the Irish Bankin inquiry the Judge decided to seal the files for 70 years to avoid distress to the people involved????? would we riot?

this is rather odd, isnt hiding the findings a direct contradiction to the concept of a coronial inquiry

I think it might possibly be that coroner found either that he did commit suicide and was murdered OR it's open ended.

And even then I dont think it would cause a government to hide the coroners report.Sure they could go yes it was murder but never really bother investigating it properly

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

A female colleague claims that the UN weapons inspector could not have committed suicide as claimed, as he was too weak to cut his own wrist. Mai Pedersen, a U.S. Air Force officer who served with Dr Kelly's inspection team in Iraq, said a hand and arm injury meant that the 59-year-old even 'had difficulty cutting his own steak'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

If he can cut a steak then cutting his wrists is a walk in the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well his family think he was able to do it. And wasn't it a combination of the wounds and the painkillers affecting a weak heart that killed, or reportedly killed him, not just the wounds themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

A female colleague claims that the UN weapons inspector could not have committed suicide as claimed, as he was too weak to cut his own wrist. Mai Pedersen, a U.S. Air Force officer who served with Dr Kelly's inspection team in Iraq, said a hand and arm injury meant that the 59-year-old even 'had difficulty cutting his own steak'.

And yet his family see nothing suspect about his death. Weird Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

humanji wrote: »
    Well his family think he was able to do it. And wasn't it a combination of the wounds and the painkillers affecting a weak heart that killed, or reportedly killed him, not just the wounds themselves.

Theres also a good chance what ever painkillers he was on would be a Anticoagulant which would of assisted the bleed out greatly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well, wasn't there reports of a lack of blood in the area? I can't remember if it was this or if I'm thinking of something else. I'll read up on it when I get a chance.

If he can cut a steak then cutting his wrists is a walk in the park.

that was a clever pun if it was intended.

Di0genes wrote: »
    And yet his family see nothing suspect about his death. Weird Huh?

Yes it is weird that the family see nothing suspect with the Thames Valley police making them leave their home while they take down the wallpaper from their house on the night he died. BEFORE his body was found or that he slit his own wrist with a badly injured arm and hand without leaving any fingerprints on the knife. Weird huh?

humanji wrote: »
    Well, wasn't there reports of a lack of blood in the area? I can't remember if it was this or if I'm thinking of something else. I'll read up on it when I get a chance.
    this should save you some grief
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4089729.stm

Yes it is weird that the family see nothing suspect with the Thames Valley police making them leave their home while they take down the wallpaper from their house on the night he died. BEFORE his body was found or that he slit his own wrist with a badly injured arm and hand without leaving any fingerprints on the knife. Weird huh?

Sources?

Sources?

[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]New evidence surrounding the death of MoD scientist Dr David Kelly has added to suspicions that he was murdered, an MP has claimed.
    Liberal Democrat Norman Baker revealed no fingerprints were found on the penknife Dr Kelly apparently used to kill himself.
    The information was revealed after a Freedom of Information request to Thames Valley Police who conducted the immediate inquiry into his death.
    http://web.archive.org/web/20080118051723/http://www.guardian.co.uk/uklatest/story/0,,-6997401,00.html

[/FONT]Rowena Thursby, a former publishing executive who became fascinated with the case and started looking into it, told us that Dr Kelly’s widow, Janice, admitted to her that on the night Dr Kelly was reported missing in July 2003 - but hours before his body was found -Thames Valley Police asked her and her daughters to leave their house and wait in the garden.

It later emerged that while the Kellys were outside, officers stripped wallpaper from their sitting room. Why would they have done that? Could they have been ‘sweeping’ his property for listening devices?[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1289692/Dr-David-Kelly-The-damning-new-evidence-points-cover-Tony-Blairs-government.html?printingPage=true

Since three of us wrote our letter to the Guardian on January 27, questioning whether Dr Kelly's death was suicide, we have received professional support for our view from vascular surgeon Martin Birnstingl, pathologist Dr Peter Fletcher, and consultant in public health Dr Andrew Rouse. We all agree that it is highly improbable that the primary cause of Dr Kelly's death was haemorrhage from transection of a single ulnar artery, as stated by Brian Hutton in his report.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2004/feb/12/davidkelly.huttonreport

[/FONT]

Yes it is weird that the family see nothing suspect with the Thames Valley police making them leave their home while they take down the wallpaper from their house on the night he died.

Source?

[quote
    BEFORE his body was found or that he slit his own wrist with a badly injured arm and hand without leaving any fingerprints on the knife. Weird huh?[/QUOTE]

You understand that fingerprints don't always get left on everything you touch? Right? If you've handled bleach or a variety of household chemicals recently it can affect the ability for fingerprints to leave marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Even the phrase 'slit his own wrists' was misleading and overly dramatic.

The paramedics who initially attended noticed one small 1cm long incision near his left elbow. There were no incisions, deep or otherwise, in the area of his wrists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

He was murdered pure and simple,
    Here's a link to the Hutton enquiry, anybody interested can read about DC Coe, the Thames Valley police officer who tampered with the crime scene, moved the body and contradicted what everybody else said, yet nothing was mentioned about it.

http://www.the-hutton-inquiry.org.uk/content/transcripts/hearing-trans33.htm

http://www.the-hutton-inquiry.org.uk/content/transcripts/hearing-trans26.htm

Five witnesses said in their testimony that two men accompanied Coe. Yet, in his testimony, Coe maintained there was only one other beside himself. He was not questioned about the discrepancy.
    http://www.freemasonrywatch.org/operation_mason.html

[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]New evidence surrounding the death of MoD scientist Dr David Kelly has added to suspicions that he was murdered, an MP has claimed.
    Liberal Democrat Norman Baker revealed no fingerprints were found on the penknife Dr Kelly apparently used to kill himself.
    The information was revealed after a Freedom of Information request to Thames Valley Police who conducted the immediate inquiry into his death.
    http://web.archive.org/web/20080118051723/http://www.guardian.co.uk/uklatest/story/0,,-6997401,00.html

It rained the night Kelly died. Water? Grease? Not a good mix.

A 2nd hand source, keeping in mind his family don't dispute the Hutton inquires findings. Are you really trying o say that Thursby is more interested in finding out the events surrounding Kelly's death, than his wife and kids?
    And they are other accounts that dispute this claim. One of the thing their arguments avoid is the length of time kelly was unaccounted for and the blood loss that would occur even from a shallow wound to the wrist. Not to mention Kelly's partaking of heavy duty pain killers.

I recently had chance to speak to an addiction counsellor who told me that pretty much all you need to kill yourself is a couple of dozen paracetamol and a bottle of vodka.

A Pen knife, some serious pain killers and plenty of time seems like a perfect recipe for a tragic and upsetting death. His family are happy with the results of the inquiry .

Do you even grasp how distasteful your attitude is to them?

• Advertisement

WTF?

uprising2 wrote: »
    WTF?

The family accept that he killed himself. They feel he was hounded and driven to a point of utter personal and professional desolation, trying to claim he couldn't have killed himself when his own family think he killed himself. Do you really think they need this nonsense consistently dragged up over half a decade later?

Source?

BEFORE his body was found or that he slit his own wrist with a badly injured arm and hand without leaving any fingerprints on the knife. Weird huh?

Why in the name of all that is good did you ask for sources if you were just going to auto-reject them anyway?

no explain it to me.

The family accept that he killed himself. They feel he was hounded and driven to a point of utter personal and professional desolation, trying to claim he couldn't have killed himself when his own family think he killed himself. Do you really think they need this nonsense consistently dragged up over half a decade later?

Ok, so why doesn't Hutton just release the medical reports??, surely it can't be that horrific, I mean if he slit his wrist, then he slit his wrist, lost a lot of blood and died, surely the family would feel better if the medical results were just released and prove he committed suicide, rather than having been murdered, it was in the paper again a few weeks ago, so surely putting it to bed would stop it springing up and up again.
    The re-opening of the case is understood to have the backing of several other Government members, including Transport minister Norman Baker, who believes Dr Kelly was murdered.
    Dr Kelly's body was found in woods close to his Oxfordshire home seven years ago next month. Although a coroner's inquest was set up to examine the 59-year-old's death, it was suspended.

In its place the Government established the Hutton Inquiry. Unlike a coroner's inquest it had no statutory powers and did not require witnesses to give evidence under oath.

Hutton concluded that Dr Kelly killed himself by cutting his left wrist with a blunt gardening knife after he was named as the source of a BBC news report questioning the Blair government's grounds for invading Iraq.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1284116/Tories-ready-reopen-Dr-David-Kelly-suicide-inquiry.html#ixzz0sUJTYR8d

And nothing about this case raises any suspicion with you?, you simply accept it, I find that hard to believe, even the biggest "YesMen" have some suspicions about this one, but you don't, Amazing!, it just proves the power of the subject.

uprising2 wrote: »
    Ok, so why doesn't Hutton just release the medical reports??,

Because it's not common practice to release medical reports to the general public.
    surely it can't be that horrific, I mean if he slit his wrist, then he slit his wrist, lost a lot of blood and died, surely the family would feel better if the medical results were just released and prove he committed suicide, rather than having been murdered, it was in the paper again a few weeks ago, so surely putting it to bed would stop it springing up and up again.

Because theres a vocal minority of conspiracy nut jobs who would seize the opportunity to claim there are "flaws" and "proof" he didn't kill himself, and drag the whole thing up again. People who will never be satisfied. Why should the family reignite the debate to satisfy goulish idiots.
    And nothing about this case raises any suspicion with you?,

The Family are satisfied. Thats good enough for me.
    you simply accept it, I find that hard to believe, even the biggest "YesMen" have some suspicions about this one, but you don't, Amazing!, it just proves the power of the subject.

Thats your problem not mine.

Because it's not common practice to release medical reports to the general public.
    yeah, but you dont see ANYTHING Suspicious about a 70 year gag

Because theres a vocal minority of conspiracy nut jobs who would seize the opportunity to claim there are "flaws" and "proof" he didn't kill himself, and drag the whole thing up again. People who will never be satisfied. Why should the family reignite the debate to satisfy goulish idiots.
    because sometimes these 'Inquiries' are a load of utter Bollox

*Cough* Saville *Cough* *Cough* ;)
    The Family are satisfied. Thats good enough for me.
    well thankfully there are people out there still intereswted in the truth.
    Thats your problem not mine.
    :rolleyes:

yeah, but you dont see ANYTHING Suspicious about a 70 year gag

Unless you can show me were it's standard to release medical records to public.

because sometimes these 'Inquiries' are a load of utter Bollox

*Cough* Saville *Cough* *Cough* ;)

well thankfully there are people out there still intereswted in the truth.

And I'll think you'll find the driving force behind the new inquiry into Bloody Sunday was the families of the victims.

Suggesting a bunch of keyboard warriors and conspiracy theorists are more concerned about whether David Kelly was murdered than his wife and children is really low.
    :rolleyes:

Seriously not a form of punctuation.

Unless you can show me were it's standard to release medical records to public.
    and vice versa where is it Normal to put a 70 year gag?

And I'll think you'll find the driving force behind the new inquiry into Bloody Sunday was the families of the victims.
    Yes, due to the persistence of People
    Suggesting a bunch of keyboard warriors and conspiracy theorists are more concerned about whether David Kelly was murdered than his wife and children is really low.
    :mad:
    Seriously not a form of punctuation.
    :D

• Advertisement

You think it's abnormal show me it isn't

Yes people directly effected by the events. No one was more effected by the death of Kelly then his family, if there any substance to the surrounding odf his death they would be the first ones to cry foul.

Advertisement