Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opinions on VolvoS80

Options
  • 27-01-2010 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

Hi folks I currently have a Volvo S60 02 2.0Tse which I could not be happier with. It soon will be hitting 140K. We will be in need of a baby seat in the next few months and as we have two older kids then we do need more leg room in the back. I have been offered a 04 S80 same spec for 5K it has 90K and I know the car from new and the owner would take extra care of it. First owner sold it on and is taking it in part exchange of his new car which he is selling to the current owner. The car is immaculate and it will be put through the NCT at the same price.
    Am I getting a good deal ?
    I am thinking I should be able to get 2 -2.5K for my current one or would I be stuck with it ?

Any advice would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

It must be Volvo buying season here....

The S80 will be basically everything you like about the S60 with more space and a slightly more conservative style, which is no bad thing.

I reckon 2k would be a very good price for your S60, but I would try a little higher. Maybe 3.5k?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,891 ✭✭✭✭unkel

5k for an '04 S80? That's a lot of car for the money!

With prices like that it's no wonder nobody is buying new anymore, even people who can afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

S80 is a beautiful car, maybe avoid the standard 2L as it is not very quick unless it's the 2.0L T model. I'm not complaining with mine but since mine is not a Turbo model it is therefore abit sluggish and not giving me the fuel economy I would like. I'm getting 30mpg average which is ok but not ideal.

Styling is really conservative, it's a very satisfying car to sit into and has pretty much everything spec wise. I wish I had bought a turbo model though:( otherwise it is a flawless car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Ok so I had a good spin on this last night , 2.0T model with suede leather interior and winter pack (heated seats). Its a downgrade sound system from my s60 I have the 802? 4 disk 11 speaker system but I can live with that.
    90K on the clock and tBelt has been done since 77K that’s 20K early so I wonder if that needed to be done for any reason. Service book stamped every 12K since new. 16" rimms also which adds to the very smooth ride.

Price is 5.5K and I am talking myself into getting this so now I need to move on the s60 double fast. I will have it cleaned tomorrow and get some good pics. Whats the best asking price for my own car ?
    Exact same as this but mine is full leather and nearly 140K miles :(.
    If I price at 3500 and start from there ???
    Would there be any harm bringing it to Merlin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,891 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I get the impression you want it to sell quick, even if that doesn't generate maximum results for you. I'd say advertise it for €2,999 stating you need a quick sale and see can you get something very close to that.

You can bring it to Merlin and not stick any reserve on it. Sure way to get it sold :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭carmad

You'd probaly get nothing in Merlin, it'd be sold and cash in your pocket though.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

I'm actually gonna grab an S60 this weekend I think... 05... glad to hear you love yours!

unkel wrote: »
    I get the impression you want it to sell quick, even if that doesn't generate maximum results for you. I'd say advertise it for €2,999 stating you need a quick sale and see can you get something very close to that.

You can bring it to Merlin and not stick any reserve on it. Sure way to get it sold :)

I have booked its NCT for the 9th next month but I dont want to have three cars on the drive and also dont want to miss the S80. I would imagine maximum results wont be massive compared to a quick sale but hopefully I am wrong. I suppose get a valet and some decent shots first would be a start.
    Now the ideal thing would be to make the 00focus disappear and keep two Volvos the just forget about the tax and fuel costs. :D

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    I'm actually gonna grab an S60 this weekend I think... 05... glad to hear you love yours!

Best of luck with that , love mine and have over 70K done on it. As you can see from the thread rear leg room is the only thing I could fault. If you can drive both a sports set up and normal to find which suites you. I have sports with 17" wheels , the seats are brilliant to cater for all shapes and sizes, I am 6ft 4" and it takes two seconds to readjust from when my wife steps out and she drives with seat higher and close to the wheel. Fuel not so bad on petrol getting realistically 29.5 when not to pushed about fuel economey.

Advertisement