Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car ventilation not working!

Options
  • 27-01-2010 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi

I posted a thread about this before but cant find it!
    I have a 00 renault megane and the ventilation system is not working i.e. it's not clearing up the condensation off the windscreen. There is air coming out of vents inside car (at dashboard) but not at vents at bottom of windscreen to de-fog it - even when on full. Im basically using a cloth to clear the window when it fogs up and it's dangerous when driving.
    We've checked vents on outside of car to ensure nothing blocking them and under bonnet.

Someone had suggested getting pollen filter replaced but where do i find this and can this be bought in car parts shop? Or am i better bringing to a garage if it's too complicated to do myself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Also try doing a search on www.renaultforums.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭max 73

purple17 wrote: »
    Hi

I posted a thread about this before but cant find it!
    I have a 00 renault megane and the ventilation system is not working i.e. it's not clearing up the condensation off the windscreen. There is air coming out of vents inside car (at dashboard) but not at vents at bottom of windscreen to de-fog it - even when on full. Im basically using a cloth to clear the window when it fogs up and it's dangerous when driving.
    We've checked vents on outside of car to ensure nothing blocking them and under bonnet.

Someone had suggested getting pollen filter replaced but where do i find this and can this be bought in car parts shop? Or am i better bringing to a garage if it's too complicated to do myself?

we had a similar problem with the misses car and also mine.....water got into the motor and computer panel and had to be dried out - common dinominator = renault

bring to local cheapy mechanic to dry out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭buzzymam

i have exact same problem with my 04 Scenic. Cant afford to send it to garage to repair as i had to fork out 1600 last october on 1 electrical fault whereby the computer wouldnt let the headlights come on so i'm really interested to see if there is an economical way to repair this. Its beena nightmare driving round all winter with no ventilation, hot or cold air and the condensation build up is a nightmare.

I also have a "check airbag" light on constantly.

Welcome to the expensive and re-occurring world of Renault electrical faults. The renaultforum has a whole section dedicated to them!

Advertisement