Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advanced Entry

Options
  • 27-01-2010 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

Hey just wondering if anyone has any info on advanced entry into courses, I was looking as going back to DIT as a mature student, to do a course, but have worked in the area for a number of years so am hoping they may let me skip to 2 yr.... not the end of the world if they dont!

But on their website it says advanced entry applications should be made by the 27th of March, and do not apply through the CAO system" which makes no sense to me as if you are turned down, then you're left with nothing but if you apply to the cao you still start first yr. am I missing something here?
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'd either contact the college by phone or go into Admissions themselves and have a chat with them. I'd say it's on a case by case basis so you should really contact them straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 nix1

I would do both. The reason you apply directly to the college is that the CAO only covers entry into 1st year of a course, but every college has provision for direct entry into higher years.
    I would get the application form for direct entry from the college (expect an interview so be well prepared, theyl just want to see what stage your at so you can be placed in the right year to match your ability.) and I would apply to d same course through CAO. should you get offered a place in 2nd or 3rd year just reject the cao offer, if you dont get direct entry at least you have d CAO to fall back on.
    good luck :)

Advertisement