Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HE- Cabling Conundrum

Options
  • 27-01-2010 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for help as my head is fried trying to find a solution..

I basically want to display a signal from one of the following:

NTL BOX- HDMI out
    XBOX- Component out
    XBOX- HDMI out

On the below simultaniously:

Projector (VGA-15 pin)
    TV (HDMI/Component)

The NTL box is the much preferred option. I wanted to split the HDMI out from the NTL box so I bought a HDMI (HDCP compatable) splitter and HDMI-VGA cable.

The plan was to connect the NTL box to the splitter and output one HDMI to the TV and the other to the projector with the HDMI-VGA cable. I've either recieved a faulty HDMI-VGA cable or been sold some magic beans as it doesn't work. The TV will work but the projector will not.

A while ago I bought a Component-VGA adapter to display the Xbox on the projector and it works perfectly, I can get 720p from it.

I have 1 week to find a solution. I was researching Splitting the component from the XBOX (with a 1 in 2 out Y cable) and doing that but component splitters done seem to be availale.

Any Ideas folks? any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Not sure its much help but HDMI - VGA needs some special trickery to avoid HDCP issues - see here http://www.jakeludington.com/hdtv/20080423_convert_hdmi_to_vga_with_hdcp.html for example and see here http://www.curtpalme.com/ for dealer details on HDFury products.

The only other alternative is ot check Keene Electronics, they deal in a wide range of format changers and splitters.

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Hey Ritz,

Thanks for your response.

I didn't consider the HDCP on the HDMI- VGA, damn. I dont want to shell out another ~100 on more cabling solutions as its just 1 day i need it for.

Provided theres no other ideas on how to go about getting the NTL signal to the projector, how do I get the XBOX component signal split? and will ther be any sort of signal handshake issues?

Thanks again....this is tuening into a nightmare:)

Advertisement