Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Times and the Herald the same

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

The Irish Times is a national paper, though; it'd make sense if they used reporters from local papers as the source for some of their regional stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

It's probably copy from a newswire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    The Irish Times is a national paper, though; it'd make sense if they used reporters from local papers as the source for some of their regional stories.

True but they usually acknowledge the source, otherwise its plagarism. The last line for instance is word for word the same. Thing is I don't know who copied who.

Also, is AH really the place you want to talk about this OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭TriciaDelicia

Yes probably. I just thought it was weird people always tell me The Times has standards and the Herald is a rag. I never thought I would see the same article word for word in both papers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

jdivision wrote: »
    It's probably copy from a newswire

Press Association. The PA on the IT article gives it away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

The Guardian and the Times have the same football articles,though The Times acknowelges the Gaurdian writer of any article.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Moved from After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

testicle wrote: »
    Press Association. The PA on the IT article gives it away.

That's why I didn't query it on the plagarism angle that btb mentioned, although it is odd that the Herald didn't have the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lloyderz

Alot of newspapers just take the copy from the newswire and rewrite it, and in some cases they rewrite the copy from other tabloids. :) Lazy journalism if you ask me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

The Guardian and the Times have the same football articles,though The Times acknowelges the Gaurdian writer of any article.

Yes that would be because the Guardian is unlikely to be using any Irish Times writers in fairness and they pay an annual fee for reproduction rights. That said, some of the rugby writers in Britain are inferior to Thornley, Mick Cleary being the obvious one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Stephen_2010

True but they usually acknowledge the source, otherwise its plagarism.

I don't think you quite get the concept of agency reports ;)

Advertisement