Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Mail Server, Relaying Not Allowed

Options
  • 26-01-2010 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Tonight, my emails started being bounced back with the mesage "relaying not allowed". I use O2 mobile broadband and my old IOL email account.

It worked fine for the past two years but all of a sudden tonight bang!

In Outlook, under my email account settings, I use
    pop.iol.ie as incomming and smtp.o2.ie as outgoing. I have also tried mail.o2.ie as outgoing but makes no difference.

Can anyone please help?

Please note, I have emailed O2 tech support but they are currently taking about 5 days to respond, also please note that my iol account is still good (it works from webmail)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭p15574

Don't know if this might be the reason or not, but it may be that o2 have been 'blacklisted' by the interweb as being a source of spam or something. I've heard something similar about eircom and, I think, Vodafone recently.

I'm afraid you'll have to wait for their tech support...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

Hmmm they may have changed their servers or SMTP settings. I know for example Vodafone had a 2 day problem where their SMTP servers were down... Can you not ring tech support?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭techguy

I had this error before. I would only get the error when sending emails to gmail accounts. Sending to other e-mail addresses would be fine.

I just changed my outgoing mail server to my ISPs mail server and not the outgoing server associated with my e-mail account..

e.g. I am using yahoo pop e-mail. don't use smtp.yahoo.com (or whatever it is). My ISP is Eircom so I use mail.eircom.net as my outgoing mail server. (or whatever it is)

Try that and see if it works. I remember that fixed it for me..

Advertisement