Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on areas I'm thinking of moving to / buying

Options
  • 26-01-2010 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi

So I've started to consider the big move from renting to actually owning a place of my own. I've seen a couple of places within my price range but because they're not areas I'm familiar with, I really do not want to get myself into anything without know anything about the area, you know?

Anyone got any recommendations of forums/ websites dedicated to people sharing info about areas? Or is there anything here on boards.ie? I don't know where to start...:eek:

Thanks so much

:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

www.neighbours.ie covers some areas but not all.

Another option is if you see an area you like but are unsure, drive there on a friday or saturday night late and park up and have a look for a while. Amenities like shops gyms buses etc can be found easy during the day, but you'll get a better idea of areas by seeing them late on a weekend.

There are also regional forums on boards.ie, some quite busy but others quiet enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jennymon80

Hey

Thanks for that advice. You just never know where you might end up you know? Hope I don't start looking suspicious though, driving around at night... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

jennymon80 wrote: »
    Hope I don't start looking suspicious though, driving around at night... :D

In fairness, if a resident becomes suspicious of you sitting in your car it's probably a good area! In a bad area with anti-social behaviour, etc, etc, you wouldn't be noticed!

Advertisement