Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High Engine hours!

Options
  • 26-01-2010 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

Feeding the ewes today my IH 785 clocked 9,000 hours for the second time, thus the tractor has now clocked 18,000 hours, My contractor has a Valmet with over 20,000 hours and I have heard of some JD's with big hours also. just wondering has any members here tractors with higher work on clock

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

have you had the engine reconditioned in the past or is it still original?
    the trouble with most older tractors is that the clock has stopped so its hard to tell what hours they have done but i read in classic tractor magazine about a same which had clocked 35000 hours for one owner so i guess its down to how well they are maintained and serviced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

the engine is un touched

we bought it in England about 1990 with 3000 hrs done the clutch, brakes and a new hydraulic pump, couple sets of tyres,

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ford4000

We used t have a Ford 4000 that done the clock twice, clock replaced cos it was used for balin and the rpms was handyand went round that clock too, got a set of piston rings and the valves reground and that was it, it was serviced very often though and it stood t er, sold it and is still goin last i heard but it looks v v sd at this stage

Advertisement