Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting - adding a driveway

Options
  • 26-01-2010 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi everyone, im renting a house with no driveway for my car. im just wondering should i pay for driveway to be done or the landlord??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

your landlord has no obligation to pay for a drive way. you rented the place without one. what do u mean no drive way anyway? as in it's all grass? newer houses dont seem to have driveways at all

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If you want a driveway fitted, I imagine the landlord would want some sort of payment or at least commitment from you to stay for an extended period. You will need the landlord's permission.

It will probably need planning permission, so it isn't straightforward. It would probably cost a (low) few thousand euros, depending on what is needed.

The alternative of course is finding somewhere with its own parking.

Advertisement