Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Cd stereo

Options
  • 26-01-2010 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone.

My car was broken into yesterday outside my house at 4pm! Was so upset. They took front of my cd player.It won't work on its own. It of no use to them. rang carcom today and they said it will cost 80 euro to get new one. 80 euro I don't have! Does anyone know where i might pick up a second hand one at reasonable price

Thanks everyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

msmuffins wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

My car was broken into yesterday outside my house at 4pm! Was so upset. They took front of my cd player.It won't work on its own. It of no use to them. rang carcom today and they said it will cost 80 euro to get new one. 80 euro I don't have! Does anyone know where i might pick up a second hand one at reasonable price

Thanks everyone

Real sorry to hear that. Hope you are feeling better now! May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the genitals of the dciks that did that.

Do you know what make model the stereo is?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭yogalady

Hi Deedsie

Thxs 4 the sympathy. It weird but kinda went into shock. Rang guards but nothing they can do. It a sony make. Went out to Bob sweeneys there to see if they had one but no luck.

Thxs again 4 kind words!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭offalyman

Do you have a model number for the stereo?Would help in tracking one down

Where abouts did this happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

msmuffins wrote: »
    Hi Deedsie

Thxs 4 the sympathy. It weird but kinda went into shock. Rang guards but nothing they can do. It a sony make. Went out to Bob sweeneys there to see if they had one but no luck.

Thxs again 4 kind words!

Did you purchase the stereo yourself or was it pre installed? Do you know anyone who might be able take the remainder of the stereo out? The model number is prob on the back of it somewhere. Its unlikely you'd be able get the fascia cheap but you'd never know you might get lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Hi Ms. Muffins - Very sorry to hear about that - try not to let the Fúckers get ya down......

First off I'd rule out replacing the front face of that Stereo - Argos have this Sony Stereo (Link) for that quoted €80 + another €15.

67-9238062SPA73UC626605X.jpg

The advantage of this is having at least 12 months warranty and also is not a bad product, will play MP3s off a CDR/CDRW and has front Aux-in for your iPod.

- Finally given that the existing Stereo is a Sony you should almost 99.9999% be able to get a friend to pop out the old stereo and plug in the new one in the exact same manner, the little key-tools for removing the actual main unit are included with those Stereos as far as I remember.

P.S. I know you mentioned cash is tight by the way - but just wanted to give you another option ;)

Call in old favours from everyone you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Might be worth taking a walk along the likely route the theives would have taken after leaving your car. There is a chance they would have just thrown it over a wall once they realised it was of no use to them. Often when wallets get nicked they are found a short distance away minus the cash and important cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭yogalady

Hi all

Just wanted to thank everyone for all the kind words and advice. It is all much appreciated! Happened in Ballinacurra/ greenfields area. That argos one looks really good. thxs 4 looking into that for me. Went out to Auto breakers today and they sold me n old one for 20euro.Said I could return it if it doesn't work. Just need to get someone to istall it. Would anyone be able to recommend somebody who would do it at a reasonble price?

Once again thxs everyone for all the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Des Kennedy - Garryowen

061 418659

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

My car got nicked on monday night out in dooradoyle. They nicked the satnav, the powerpack and the torch i had in the boot. They took some dodgy cd's and some books too. They left the radio untouched for some reason. I got it back from Bob Sweeneys yesterday. I reported it stolen to Roxboro at 9.45pm, and at 11.20pm I got a call from the guards to say they had it back. It is driving grand. I couldn't believe that I got it back intact. I was sure it was going to be burnt out. I was in a rush and didn't put the steering wheel lock on. Lesson learned.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Lidl had a car stereo last week I think, think the one with mp3 / bluetooth was about 80. There was also a more basic one fairly recently for about 60. No harm checking those places.

Failing that, you could try halfords.

Here's a link to some of their cheapest ones.

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchCmd?catalogId=15551&storeId=11101&categoryId=212600&langId=-1&action=listrefine&constraints=fra||Price||0.0||100.0||sor||Price||1

Cheapest new one is just 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

MarkR wrote: »
    Lidl had a car stereo last week I think, think the one with mp3 / bluetooth was about 80. There was also a more basic one fairly recently for about 60. No harm checking those places.

Failing that, you could try halfords.

Here's a link to some of their cheapest ones.

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchCmd?catalogId=15551&storeId=11101&categoryId=212600&langId=-1&action=listrefine&constraints=fra||Price||0.0||100.0||sor||Price||1

Cheapest new one is just 50.

I've bought a cheap Car stereo in the past, shíte quality build, shíte quality sound and the CDs used to skip like a Boxer in training if you hit a ripple in the road...... Those Sony's from Argos are great value and maybe someone has found them cheaper online or elsewhere?

Advertisement