Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vicar st venue?

Options
  • 26-01-2010 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Am sure this is the wrong location for my question but I'm going to see Dara next month (can't wait!). I've never been to Vicar St but do they have a full bar there and can you order a drink during the show and drink at your table?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

yes they have 2 fully stocked bars, you can bring your drink in but when the show is on the bar is usually closed, but stays open after aswell! great venue, amazing comedian - you are gonna have a brilliant time!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭tskk

Thanks for that. Am really looking forward to it. Have the babysitter all organised so want to make a day and night of it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

He's great. You can get drinks in before the gig, and when he takes a break during the gig (Do not be late getting back, though). Are you in the front 3 rows by any chance? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭tskk

I'm in the second row.....should I be afraid??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

sorry to hijack the thread somewhat but is it possible to arrive a little late for a gig and still get in or do they close the doors?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Hyzepher wrote: »
    sorry to hijack the thread somewhat but is it possible to arrive a little late for a gig and still get in or do they close the doors?

I think it would depend on where you're sitting and how late you are. And it depends on the comedian, too. A lot won't allow people in within the first 5 minutes of the show starting, as it's so distracting for 'em.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

it's Vicar St tomorrow and Dara.

Hyzepher wrote: »
    it's Vicar St tomorrow and Dara.

Best to ring the venue and ask them what the policy is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Sorry for hijacking this thread as well, but I got tickets for Frankie Boyle for my birthday in Vicar st. I was just wondering do all comedians have a break during their set?

I got the worlds smallest bladder and the thought of standing up to go to the jacks with Frankie Boyle in the room is frightening!!, it doesn't help I got front row tickets as well.

A headliner will almost definitely have a break.

I don't know why people get so stressed about needing to get up and go to the bathroom. They're much more likely to do it if you stand up just at/during a punchline, though! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

eth0_ wrote: »
    A headliner will almost definitely have a break.

I don't know why people get so stressed about needing to get up and go to the bathroom. They're much more likely to do it if you stand up just at/during a punchline, though! :)

Ah thank you, I think I'll try to keep low key!

Advertisement