Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Print for free?

Options
  • 26-01-2010 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

I have read on this forum that there is a printer in college that will allow me to print whatever I like for free, as long as I bring my own paper.
    Could anyone tell me where it is?
    And is it possible to print in colour?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Generally it is the departments that offer free printing to their own students.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Jonathan wrote: »
    Generally it is the departments that offer free printing to their own students.

I'm 5% sure (as in I vaguely remember something) about the computer room of a certain building (famous for having *ahem secluded toilets :D) offering free printing to students. You're supposed to be a student of that department, but apparently anyone can log in to them :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

vinylmesh wrote: »
    I'm 5% sure (as in I vaguely remember something) about the computer room of a certain building (famous for having *ahem secluded toilets :D) offering free printing to students. You're supposed to be a student of that department, but apparently anyone can log in to them :eek:.

Any chance you could tell me what room, building its in? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

No, 'cause if you abuse it the students who are meant to use it, won't get to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

vinylmesh wrote: »

Nah that one costs money. Toilets are definitely amazing. I think the maths department is free although it has a really hard to use system if you've never been there. And you'll probably get lost once you set foot in there.

• Advertisement

No, 'cause if you abuse it the students who are meant to use it, won't get to use it.

Dont intend on abusing the printer mate.
    Just want to print off a few lectures.

Dont intend on abusing the printer mate.
    Just want to print off a few lectures.

Now and again..

Now and again..

Yep.

So pay for it like everyone else. Why are you special in comparison to everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

If you put the files you want on a USB stick, and then sneak into an unlocked science lab upstairs in the SNIAM ... you can print from those computers for free.

• Advertisement

So pay for it like everyone else. Why are you special in comparison to everyone?

Special?
    Me?
    Far from it.

Listen, I think you need to take a deep breath and count to ten.
    I asked if there was free printing available on campus, so long as I supply the paper. ( Something I read on this forum before ).
    Your attitude is unhelpful and was unprovoked as far as I can make out.

If you have had a bad day, take it to the ranting and raving forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

There is free printing provided by certain departments for their students. Some departments ask that the students supply their own paper.
    If you havn't heard about it, your department obviously doesnt offer it, so you have to pay for printing in the public access computer rooms.

Your department might be open to the suggestion tho, so pop in and ask.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Listen, I think you need to take a deep breath and count to ten.
    I asked if there was free printing available on campus, so long as I supply the paper. ( Something I read on this forum before ).
    Your attitude is unhelpful and was unprovoked as far as I can make out.

If you have had a bad day, take it to the ranting and raving forum.
    Ok Mr Mod.

mardybumbum, you can hardly blame him for holding that POV after all your talk of being in the 1937 room.

Jonathan wrote: »
    Ok Mr Mod.

Wasn't trying to steal your spotlight Jon, just explaining myself. ;)
    mardybumbum, you can hardly blame him for holding that POV after all your talk of being in the 1937 room

Well, thats something completely different.
    It has nothing to do with printing facilities.

The guy assumes I have some kind of superiority complex because I did a bit of late night study in the 1937 coming up to exams, and Im trying to save a bit of money on the printing side of things.

If he has a personal dislike for me ( Im not sure why, as I have never met the chap ) this thread isn't the place for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

If he has a personal dislike for me ( Im not sure why, as I have never met the chap ) this thread isn't the place for it.

Sligo people are weird like that, trust me......

Wasn't trying to steal your spotlight Jon, just explaining myself. ;)
    No offence taken. I wasn't being serious. :)
    Well, thats something completely different.
    It has nothing to do with printing facilities.

The guy assumes I have some kind of superiority complex because I did a bit of late night study in the 1937 coming up to exams, and Im trying to save a bit of money on the printing side of things.

I suggest both users come to the beers and kiss and make up. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭vladglenin

Fad wrote: »
    Sligo people are weird like that, trust me......
    Lol.

Good man Fad.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Am I the only one who read the title of this thread as "Pint for free?"........whoops I clearly need a break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

fh041205 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who read the title of this thread as "Pint for free?"........whoops I clearly need a break

Drunken mess, much?

pckb.

hey, bcpk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Yfaapmob. Jttfw.

Shay, I am appalled. How dare you say such things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Baza210 wrote: »
    Shay, I am appalled. How dare you say such things.

If you can honestly tell me what I wrote to you, I will be beyond impressed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

dan719v2.0 wrote: »
    Drunken mess, much?

Only when you're involved.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

You'd be better off asking m8s in RL about this than on a forum, because while people may have no problem with helping YOU out, by the very nature of forums, once its posted here, everyone knows about it, and suddenly our private room becomes flooded with people.

They are actually being sold in Reads for 50 euro.
    50 squids is still 50 squids though.
    Maybe If I win the lotto.

fh041205 wrote: »

If you are interested in free pints you could check out The Mercantile on Dame Street.
    There are a group of ladies there during the day conducting a survey, in which you must rate the tastiness of three different beers.
    If you are a fas drinker you could knock back the three pints during the survey.
    They also give you a fiver as a thanks.
    Sweet.

Advertisement