Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] 24, Day 8, Hour 5 [8 p.m. - 9 p.m.] [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
  • 26-01-2010 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

This was just aired in the US last night!

This Hastings guy in CTU is starting to do my head in!

Definitely the best start to 24 ever!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Well the Jenny storyline is still pissing me off. Although I must say it was the best episode this season by far, I'm loving the new Renne!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Good start to the season... But ya the jenny story is pretty annoying..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Zimovane

HATE the Jennty storyline but this ep was fantastic. Renee rocks! Could easily pass for Kate from Lost's sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

no poll :confused:

loved it. Renee is brilliant. she has this psycho look - soo sexy..

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Thought it was a mediocre episode, the only scenes I really enjoyed were Renee's plea & seeing a dark, vengeance-side in Hassan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Strong episode... Last few seasons have been a bit mediocre, so hopefully this season will continue to be this strong throughout...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Whoever wrote the Jenny storyline needs to hung out on a line by the scrotum. What on earth were they thinking.

Other than that this was a solid episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

There's always a crap side-story (or two) like Jenny's each year though that goes nowhere really... Hopefully they won't spend too much time on it, but if this episode was any indication, they are going to waste our time with it.

Can't say I care much about the Russian brothers and the radiation poisoning but at least that does tie into the main plot to some degree...

Psycho Renee is excellent, much better than "normal" Renee but what the hell is up with Jack objecting to her methods? He is her "mentor" after all...

Overall though, easily the weakest episode of the first 5 hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

The scenes with Renee were top notch. The final scenes were brilliant, I didn't want to hear the clock fading in.

4/5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Definitely this was a win thanks to the New Renee!

Have a timeline question though... when is this day supposed to be taking place? If Renee was in with the Russians 6 years ago, wouldn't she have been disturbed when we saw her in Day 7? Or are they making out that she was grand until Day 7 and meeting Jack, and Larry dying and all that ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

Definitely this was a win thanks to the New Renee!

Have a timeline question though... when is this day supposed to be taking place? If Renee was in with the Russians 6 years ago, wouldn't she have been disturbed when we saw her in Day 7? Or are they making out that she was grand until Day 7 and meeting Jack, and Larry dying and all that ;)

I believe it is "unknown" as to when Day 8 is taking place.
    I'm sure we'll be able to work it out as the day progresses.

I believe it is "unknown" as to when Day 8 is taking place.
    I'm sure we'll be able to work it out as the day progresses.

How old is Jack's granddaughter supposed to be? She was an infant in Day 7... and I'm guessing now she's 3-4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

J-blk wrote: »
    How old is Jack's granddaughter supposed to be? She was an infant in Day 7... and I'm guessing now she's 3-4?

I would have thought she looked more like a 2 - 3 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Renee was fantastic in that episode. Really brilliant - i would be giving it a good 9/10 - great 24 episode.

Class - great start to this year.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I would have thought she looked more like a 2 - 3 year old.

I'm not good with ages, so yeah, you could be right - it does show though that at most, Day 8 is taking place around 3 years from Day 7, so Renee had already had those experiences with the Russians when she is first introduced in Day 7...

Still, it doesn't bother me at all that she didn't seem messed up then, it was only a day in her life after all and meeting Jack would have taken its' toll too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Can someone answer a question relating to the first episode? The informant told Jack that he helped sneak the assassin into the country. Wasn't the assassin the policeman? How could someone who was sneaked into the country become a cop?

fontanalis wrote: »
    The informant told Jack that he helped sneak the assassin into the country. Wasn't the assassin the policeman? How could someone who was sneaked into the country become a cop?

How could someone who changed their name/entire identity and was apparently an accessory to murder end up in a high level position in CTU (Hello? Background checks?)? :rolleyes:

Just another of those "small" things that the writers choose to ignore I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭JacksDad

Why does his (Hastings') character have to walk like the hunchback all the time - annoying!
    Not a prominant commanding presence by any manner of means - apart from giving Chloe a hard time all the time!
    Is it just me or does he come accross as a weak director?

(Just comparing to the likes of Chappele, Buhcannon and even Mason days of old)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

someone please put a bullet in jenny, what a sad storyline, starbuck has already overtaken kim by a mile in stupid story line, and shes only been in 5 eps:mad:, that stupid side story is actually making me second guess watchin any more:mad:,

brother helping hes irradiated brother is a good side story and i cant wait to see how it pans out,

renee is a bad-ass, oh yeah even the tear, its hard to tell if she actually wanted to be shot, i actually dont think she minded either way, also one day with jack is more than a lifetime in a russian mob,

someone shoot jenny/dana/starbuck, please think of the children:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Ah leave Jenny/Dana alone

Just be thankful its not Kim + a cougar!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,303 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Was that excellent gutair music in this episode or the next? What was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭MadPatrick

unreggd wrote: »
    Ah leave Jenny/Dana alone

Just be thankful its not Kim + a cougar!!

But it is actually possible to see a cougar, not very likely, and a little bit stupid, but genius in comparison to the Jenny thing. Besides, they stole that storyline straight from Mad Men, only in the 50s it was possible, especially if you don't work in a government intelligence agency. Maybe they should go back to stealing storylines from their own show again

Advertisement