Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postal Documents-CAO.

Options
  • 26-01-2010 3:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Hi,just a few things I was wondering about postal documents for the CAO application.

Do I need to submit a copy of leaving certificate results from2005?

Certificate of Attendance.-Withdrawn from course. What office in a college would I get my certificate of attendance from?
    How long would it take to get it?

What other postal documents might I need,and do the postal documents have to be in by Feb 1st aswell,or can they be a little later than the course selection?

Where do you have to post these if applying online?

If you miss the Feb1st deadline,and have everything sorted before the late applications deadline in may-does this affect your chance of college place regardless of your points?

Sorry for all the questions,I would really appreciate any help given.
    Completely clueless about this,and now I'm really stressed about college place,as I was really late finding out about deadline-thought it was end of march for some reason(my own fault for not checking sooner).:(
    So if anybody could offer me any information,I'd be so grateful-thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Hi,just a few things I was wondering about postal documents for the CAO application.

Do I need to submit a copy of leaving certificate results from2005?

Certificate of Attendance.-Withdrawn from course. What office in a college would I get my certificate of attendance from?
    How long would it take to get it?

What other postal documents might I need,and do the postal documents have to be in by Feb 1st aswell,or can they be a little later than the course selection?

Where do you have to post these if applying online?

If you miss the Feb1st deadline,and have everything sorted before the late applications deadline in may-does this affect your chance of college place regardless of your points?

Sorry for all the questions,I would really appreciate any help given.
    Completely clueless about this,and now I'm really stressed about college place,as I was really late finding out about deadline-thought it was end of march for some reason(my own fault for not checking sooner).:(
    So if anybody could offer me any information,I'd be so grateful-thanks.

Not sure about the leaving cert results. I also did mine in 2005, I photocopied them and put them in to be on the safe side.

I went to DIT, I rang there general number 402 3000 and told them what I needed a certificate of attendance, they put me through to reistrations I think But if you explain what you need they will put you through to the right person.
    Mine took about a week to come but if you need it soon I'm sure you could arrange to pick it up.

If you did a fetac course or any other course the results will need to be posted too. Make sure they are only photocopies though, they will not return any of them.

Central Applications Office,
    Tower House,
    Eglinton Street,
    Galway, Ireland.

"If you apply online, instructions about the submission
    of any additional documentation will appear on
    screen. Such documents must arrive in CAO within
    seven days of the submission of the online
    application."

Hope that helps. Know how you feel, stressing about it myself. On the cao website you can download the handbook, that will help!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Thanks so much Cookie Jar. That has been a great help to me.
    Thanks a million!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Make sure to write your name and CAO application number on every piece of paper you submit to the CAO.

Larianne wrote: »
    Make sure to write your name and CAO application number on every piece of paper you submit to the CAO.

Actually never thought of that.

CAO application number???

Yep, the number you sign into on the On-Line form. That's your CAO number. I'm not sure what number it should start with, maybe 10 as last year's number started 09.

• Advertisement

Yep, the number you sign into on the On-Line form. That's your CAO number. I'm not sure what number it should start with, maybe 10 as last year's number started 09.

I'm applying with the paper application so CAO number does not apply to me?
    Can't see a number on the form ?

Oh you should be okay so if applying by paper as it'll all be together!

Oh you should be okay so if applying by paper as it'll all be together!

Phew, got a bit of a fright there, just putting everything in the envelope now.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 muppet26

Hi little acorn,
    your first question, u do not need to submit a copy of your leaving cert results for 05, the cao will have them, but u must put down the year or years u did ur leaving cert on cao form, in your case 2005 so the cao can search for ur results on their system. dont worry if u dont have your leaving cert number for 2005.
    A cert of attendance: u get this from student records/registration office of the college u attended. could take a few days tell them what its for and that u need it asap.
    the postal documents such as the cert of attendance dont need to be in on the 1st feb, the cao gives you about 2-3 weeks after this to have them in and u must write your cao number which is printed on your application form on any documents u send in after the 1st feb so they can match it with ur application form.
    also u must tick the box for previous higher education on section b of the form as u attended third level previously, presume u know this already.
    are u applying on the basis of leaving cert points, mature entry or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

That's great, I'm about to post off my transcript of degree and Leaving Cert and wasn't sure if I should put a cover letter on it or what (online application you see!).

• Advertisement

muppet26 wrote: »
    the postal documents such as the cert of attendance dont need to be in on the 1st feb, the cao gives you about 2-3 weeks after this to have them in and u must write your cao number which is printed on your application form on any documents u send in after the 1st feb so they can match it with ur application form

Just on that point the CAO Handbook says they postal documents much reach them within 7 days of online application.

I wouldn't be waiting 2 or 3 weeks after the 1st February deadline to send in my documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Thanks for the help everybody. muppet26-I'm entering just on basis of leaving cert points as don't qualify as mature student(just out by age by a few months).
    Anyhow thanks again everyone,think I have a good idea what I need to do now.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 muppet26

Cookie Jar wrote: »
    Just on that point the CAO Handbook says they postal documents much reach them within 7 days of online application.
    yes ur right its 7 days, if u dont have everything by then just ring them see what they say.

Advertisement