Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good spark, good fuel, good compression but chainsaw wont start

Options
  • 26-01-2010 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi All,
    I have two chainsaws which work intermittently. At the moment neither will start. One is a very old Husqvarna and the other a Makita DCS34.

I have new fuel with a 40 to 1 mix in the tanks, new spark plugs and I have verified the spark with an inline spark tester and both have compression of over 120 ( forget units ) as measured with a compression tester which plug into the spark plug. The Makita has a chain lock which is off. Both chains are in place and turning well. I have serviced the carburator on the old Husqvarna and replaced all the bits than needed replacing. I have removed the Husqvarnas exhaust and cleaned it. I have also adjusted the high and low speed screws to be 1.5 turns from fully in.

Neither saw will make the slightest attempt to start though fuel is getting to the chamber. The Husqvarna perhaps made some attempt with the exhaust off but if it was it was very faint.

Both are now sitting in the garage with the fuel tanks emptied and the spark plugs out to see if that will do any good if I let them sit a few days.

Any suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭draward

:eek:Why did you turn the screws. Ya dont mess with the screws. Turn them back and try again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 piddler

Am I a bit late here?
    Your right about the screws tho you might need to adjust them again to get it to run right

For a quick test put a tiny drop of mix down the carb and pull with the trottle fully open if she fires check the fuel line and gaskets.
    do you know the model of the husky if ya want any other help you can pm me

Advertisement