Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Disconects Dublin

Options
  • 25-01-2010 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having this issue past few nights, i keep getting disconnects durning raids, no lag just a delay and then dc can generally come back straight away, Living in Tallaght.

I got a new modem last week just wanna rule that out before contacting UPC since that takes forever.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Ive had UPC for a while now, its terrible internet. Its Either Fine or Totally shoite sick of it.

Only keeping it due to the Phone and TV is with it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Don't suppose this is in Colliseum of the Crusader by any chance? I would assume it has been resolved by now, but when I was raiding regularly previously, I had serious disconnect issues with Colliseum of the Crusader. Turns out it was due to the amount of data being transmitted at key points in the fight. Beginning, busy phase changes etc. Was incredibly annoying actually. Was it at the same few points in a fight regularly or was it over several completely seperate fights?

If it's throughout an instance then it's likely just your internet is shoddy. If it's at similar points over the course of the night then it is likely this particular bug at work.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I have used UPC in Dublin for over a year now, and have never had any trouble with it, in Warcraft or otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Disable Gearscore if you're running it and see if that helps at all.
    If you're also running arkinventory, disable that also and see if it helps.

Both addons don't apparently work very well together and gearscore is having some issues with regards latency and whatnot.

On a sidenote: If you upgrade your gear and need to check your gearscore then relog and enable it to get an updated GS. There's no need to keep GS running all the time though unless you run a lot of pug raids as it will eat into resources you'd be best keeping to improve your gameplay experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

This is a UPC issue, as reported on the broadband thread, and is well general knowledge.

All of us running upc on outland are getting discs from the game and more weirdly a specific vent server. Has been grand last few nights but last week was causing havoc.

Since UPC upgraded customers they have ran into massive issues, just read the thread on the boradband forum, I'd expect it to get resolved after a few day/weeks.

You should read that thread btw, they are literally jizzing their pants because their "download" speed isnt 30mb, but some have desperate circumstances.

All I know is I'm running a 120ms ping in outland server, in Dalaran, and a 60ms ping in the instance servers.

and when I turn on monstrous downloading my ping goes up ever so slightly, its all immense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

The problem is with upc indeed, ive been havign some major lag issues with it, and random dc's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭KilOit

ok read the thread, seems like a repeat from few years back when NTL upgraded before and we had about 2 weeks of slow speeds and disconnects, guess only thing to do it wait it out, will try disabling those addons cause i do use the.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Ive been suffering random DC's since i got UPC, but lately its been even worse again. Net and TV went DC for 2 hours the other night. Im starting to consider a move to another ISP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I think it has something to do with their upgrades. And the fact they employ monkeys, and not the good kind you can train up.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

I see random disconnects ALL the time. It can be fine for weeks, and then ill get disconnected randomly. Here are some weird bits, which make me think it may be my laptop also. Im getting kinda confused on the whole thing.

1. Other machines are fine in the same network. (Multiple wireless amchines)

2. It WAS happening both wired to laptop/docking station or wireless.

3. Could happen at any time, but would egnerally get warnign that it was going to happen soon by choppy sound.

4. Reinstalled my laptop last week, and disabled the wireless. havent seen any DC's yet

5. I was playing ona dell D630 with integrated graphics. Due to the rubbish chip, with a WOW updtae, i lost all ground textures (except in cirties/instances, but not places like OS - ie outdoors). I renabled this using fixedfunction switch. This dropped my FPS drastically - 12ish in cities and 1-3 in 25 mans. I then found another function to allow it to use multiple cores. Now my FPS is 12-15 in raids and 30 in cities. Better than before the FF=1 setting. Since then i have had one DC and i think that was due to me flooding the wireless network.

But what REALLY gets me is when i DC i have to reset my laptop. This makes me think its the l;aptop, and i should go get a new one (i play using my work machine)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Anti wrote: »
    I think it has something to do with their upgrades. And the fact they employ monkeys, and not the good kind you can train up.

Racism much?

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

How many addons and the likes are you running op? Turn everything off.

A few, but not that many. Maybe 40Mb worth? I have 4Gig of memory in the laptop. What i find weird is the part where i have to reboot....

• Registered Users Posts: 82,016 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

When I swapped my linksys G router for an N router i was getting crazy regular disconnects for a while. I wouldnt rule out the modem.

WRT4GS with DD-WRT firmware runnign on it.

I saw someone saying change the MTU manually to 1450 which i have done also, so maybe that may be helping in my case.

Advertisement