Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sooo Confused...Exemptions and CAO

Options
  • 25-01-2010 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

I rang WIT today and asked about applying as a mature student(the bf wants to go back to college) about deadlines and that, they said that he must apply the cao so far hes filled in all the forms just stuck on the last question we will fill in tomorrow but what happens then she said something about how they will send out forms then and he must fill them in and send them back but must they also be completed before the 1st of feb or is that just applying to the cao?

Also does anybody know what the situation is on getting an exemption from first year? When she asked on the phone i said he was applying to first year because that is what he told me he wanted to do but now he is saying he wants to try and get exempted from first year! Does he still apply to the cao or apply to the college directly?

Just hoping somebody knows because I just know if he rings them about getting an exemption its going to be a big ordeal and with only a week to go until the deadline he doesn't want to miss it. Does anybody even know if it possible to get an exemption from first year?

All help welcome! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'd ring up admissions and maybe the department of the course he wants to start.

Depending on what course he's done, levels etc. he may be able to progress to 2nd year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Ashlinggnilsia

Ya I was thinking that all right I went to CIT and they were extremely difficult to deal with when i was trying to deffer and rejoin so I am dreading trying to deal with this crowd, especially seeing as I'm the one who has to do it cos he is working all day while they are open!

He did 3 yrs of a Software Development course and failed the third year now wants to go back 2 yrs later as a mature student and do Applied Computing in a different college, initially he said he was going to start from scratch but now wants to try and get exempted from 1st year hopefully it will work out anyway.

Advertisement