Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Time as Dance Forum Mod

Options
  • 25-01-2010 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39,537 ✭✭✭✭

Has come to an end. Its not a decision I've taken lightly, and was influenced by a number of factors all external to this forum. I'll be hanging around a few days to help Zascar sort a replacement and will definitely still post here in the future.

This was the first forum on Boards I was lucky enough to mod and its been a blast, its great to see a sense of community really starting to develop. Really hope that continues. Thanks to everyone for all your contributions over the years.

Kev.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

great job kev.i nominate felix:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Is this retirement Kev? Or are you just dropping the one mod-ship?
    Either way, thanks for giving it/us your time. I think the recent feedback thread shows that you and the boys were doing a great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,537 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

milltown wrote: »
    Is this retirement Kev? Or are you just dropping the one mod-ship?
    Either way, thanks for giving it/us your time. I think the recent feedback thread shows that you and the boys were doing a great job.

I'm dropping all the forums I mod milltown, I dont really want to go into the reasons for it on this thread, but suffice to say none of the reasons are due to this forum or it members.

Thanks for the kind words.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Very sad to see you go mate but I understand your reasons. How long have you been mod on this forum exactly? As was already said my all in the previous thread you've done a great job in your time and we all thank you for your work and support. Thanks for giving me the chance to be a Mod too, really appreciate it.

I hope this won't be the last we'll hear from you, do stick around and still post in the forum from time to time.

Suggestions/nominations for new mod in pm to myself and kev please.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,537 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Zascar wrote: »
    Very sad to see you go mate but I understand your reasons. How long have you been mod on this forum exactly? As was already said my all in the previous thread you've done a great job in your time and we all thank you for your work and support. Thanks for giving me the chance to be a Mod too, really appreciate it.

I hope this won't be the last we'll hear from you, do stick around and still post in the forum from time to time.

Suggestions/nominations for new mod in pm to myself and kev please.

Thanks Zascar, I'm obviously a great judge of character cause you've been a great addition to the forum.

I've modded this forum since 2005, prior to that I built up the immensely successful Kev's Essential Mix Thread which was deleted *sob* and will still be around posting, thats for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

so obvious felix is gonna be offered modship!!!!

fair play kev for all your long years of service (primarily sending me an jonny to go into our respective bold corners!).

best of luck.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Absolutely no decision has been made at all - we're open to all offers and suggestions :)

jaysus there's not too many fence-sitters in this forum so finding an uber-diplomatic mod could be difficult for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Shame to see you leave it behind Kev, you've done a bang up job from what I've seen:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Jonny68 here after the website was hacked im one of the unfortunate ones who registered and no longer use the email address so ive to wait until my account is hopefully restorted or just use this and lose the other account!!!

Anyway good luck fella, haven't always seen eye to eye with you, at times ive thought you were a downright pr**k but overall you've been excellent for this forum and as one of the longest posters on here i will be sorry to see you go but hope to see you still posting from time to time on here.

Good luck;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Zascar wrote: »
    Absolutely no decision has been made at all - we're open to all offers and suggestions :)

I dunno if you want this done privately or publicly, but here goes in all in anyways:p

I know I havent been active on this particular forum for all that long, but I nominate VinylJunkie. I've read posts of his around the site and he has to be commended for his willingness to help us new guys, perfect quality for a mod.

Lethal.

ah jaysus not vinyl junkie. i know him. will be awkward when he bans me.

Advertisement