Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 user account problems

Options
  • 25-01-2010 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hello all i'm having problems with windows 7 user accounts. I'm trying to set up a standard user account with time limits on it. Today when i was in the standard account i ran a program as administrator and when the UAC prompt came up asking for an administrator password the standard account was in the list as well even though its a standard account. Also when i try to view the time limit settings in the standard account a prompt appears that says:

You are a computer administrator and therefore have no parental control settings to view.

I have deleted and recreated the account already and made sure the account wasn't administrator in the advanced user groups options but its still the same.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭homer911

ryanch09 wrote: »
    Hello all i'm having problems with windows 7 user accounts. I'm trying to set up a standard user account with time limits on it. Today when i was in the standard account i ran a program as administrator and when the UAC prompt came up asking for an administrator password the standard account was in the list as well even though its a standard account. Also when i try to view the time limit settings in the standard account a prompt appears that says:

You are a computer administrator and therefore have no parental control settings to view.

I have deleted and recreated the account already and made sure the account wasn't administrator in the advanced user groups options but its still the same.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!!!

It might sound dumb, but are you absolutely sure you specified "Standard Account" when you set it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

homer911 wrote: »
    It might sound dumb, but are you absolutely sure you specified "Standard Account" when you set it up?

Yes im positive it says STANDARD ACCOUNT in the user account screen and i know its a standard account because it doesn't let me install programs...

Advertisement