Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superbowl 2010...where to watch in Galway?

Options
  • 25-01-2010 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Couldn't find it anywhere for this year....anyone know of somewhere to watch it in Galway.
    Any ideas? About 10 lads and girls gonna head out for it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

You could ring Garvey's and ask. I've never been in there but according to it's website they have showed a few American Football games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

garveys or the cellar

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I'd call Emma Hoary (091) 563966 at the Cellar Bar on Eglinton Street to see if they plan on staying open for the duration of the game. Estimated kick off time:

6.28 pm on the East Coast;
    5.28 pm Central;
    4.28 pm Mountain;
    3.28 pm Pacific

Galway is 5 hours later on the clock than the East coast, or 11.28pm on 7 February 2010. I would guess that the game may last 3 hours or roughly end 2.30am 8 February 2010 in Galway. The Cellar Bar already stays open on Fridays and Saturdays until 2, so it's worth asking?

Pregame shows are scheduled for 4pm East coast time, or 9pm in Galway.

Link: http://www.chiff.com/recreation/sports/super-bowl.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

I'd call Emma Hoary (091) 563966 at the Cellar Bar on Eglinton Street to see if they plan on staying open for the duration of the game. Estimated kick off time:

6.28 pm on the East Coast;
    5.28 pm Central;
    4.28 pm Mountain;
    3.28 pm Pacific

Galway is 5 hours later on the clock than the East coast, or 11.28pm on 7 February 2010. I would guess that the game may last 3 hours or roughly end 2.30am 8 February 2010 in Galway. The Cellar Bar already stays open on Fridays and Saturdays until 2, so it's worth asking?

Pregame shows are scheduled for 4pm East coast time, or 9pm in Galway.

Link: http://www.chiff.com/recreation/sports/super-bowl.htm

I'd say more towards 3am with the Half Time show taking up 30mins extra in between.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Although I doubt there's ever been a Super Bowl to go into OT, it's in the rules, and it could happen with this game; which would extend the time to whenever. Not probable given the history, but possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

The Cellar showed the Pats/Eagles Superbowl before although I don't think they've showed it since? Still worth asking though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Kevin11

Watched it with about 8 others in Coyotes last year.. Small tv in the corner away from the normal madness.
    With 5mins to go the local clowns revved up on cheap jager bombs started a scrap over the pool table.
    Net result. All TVs went off and everyone got the door.
    Had to jump into taxi and get home in time to see winning TD.
    Blacklist that place anyways!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dangermouse2005

Cheers for the posts lads.

Forster Court are doing it and showing the whole game which is pretty cool.

http://www.forstercourthotel.com/index.php?module=news&parent=forster_court_hotel&category=events&show=post&post=superbowl_44

few of us are booking a room

Advertisement