Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anderson Silva Vs Vitor Belfort.

Options
  • 25-01-2010 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Who wins?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

KingFinny wrote: »
    Who wins?

Dana White

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Silva. Easy

I want to say Belfort but then my cop on kicks me and says "Get Real!"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,327 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I think Vitor can do it but he'll have to do it the first round if he's going to do it at all. Longer it goes on the more comfortable it will get for Silva. Vitor can sometimes fade badly in fights unless he ends them early. On balance you would have to go for Silva but it's a dangerous fight for him as Vitor (unlike Forrest Griffin) is quick enough to tag him.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

Ok generally Silva doesn't do a lot in the early stages of the first round,

But look at how fast Vitor finished Franklin and compare it to how long it took Silva Twice.

• Advertisement

This fight isn't until April...UFC 112

???

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

Belfort will be punished by silva, end of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I think anyone who reckons Vitor will win is mad in the head..

I may end up eating my own words.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Im favouring Vitor, i must be mad!!

we'll definetly find out if Silva's dream of doing pro boxing is of merit or not when he is up against the Phenom..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

I think Vitor is in a good place with him being married now and not having wishes to be a film star anymore.

I would favor Anderson but Vitor has the skills to take anyone out on a good day.

This is a cracking match up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

i'd love Victor to win,but i'd just settle for him giving Silva a good fight. Silva hasn't been rattled in the UFC at all,apart from Hendo giving him one tough round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Paulo Filho apparently is favouring Vitor. In the sense that he said something along the lines of "if Vitor is at his best he's unbeatable".

I think I also read Demian Maia talk on the subject . Said something like Vitor biggest weakest is his mind while Anderson's greatest strength ,despite all his other talents is his mind (e.g. his maturity, experience, confidence).

I want Vitor to win, only to shake things up a little, but I think Anderson can do enough to win cos he's a more intelligent fighter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Vitor has a good chance IMO. He's saavy enough to not be tooled by Silva - He has the one shot power to clean Silva's clock.

The longer the fight goes though, the more chance Silva has of winning - so if Belfort wins it will have to be within the first 2 rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Sakuraba showed Vitor Belforts weakness to be leg kicks. I expect a leg kicking exhibition by Anderson to win the decision.

Advertisement