Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motors forum rules for selling cars?

Options
  • 25-01-2010 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, I don't see a sticky in this forum but what's the accepted practice on here when you're selling your car? Can I ask for assistance in setting a price or can I only post in Adverts.ie and advertise it in my sig?

I don't want to step on any toes but planning to put my car on the market shortly, just want to know what's acceptable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

Sorry, I missed the info in the main sticky - NO ADVERTISING. Sorry bout that.

My question about getting advice still stands though, is that ok?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

you have to advertise on www.adverts.ie but im sure if you needed a helping hand with the pricing of the car, post a pic up and the spec and all the details and somebody will give you an opinion on the market value.

ohh and post a link in your sig too, everthing helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Vim Fuego wrote: »
    My question about getting advice still stands though, is that ok?

I'm open to correction but I don't think there is a problem. You can give us the model, age, mileage, condition etc and top notch feedback should be forthcoming. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Theres a thread for advice on selling your car

Here it is - Advice on selling car

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

Thanks guys, I'll post in the advice thread once I get all my information together.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

gumbo wrote: »
    you have to advertise on www.adverts.ie but im sure if you needed a helping hand with the pricing of the car, post a pic up and the spec and all the details and somebody will give you an opinion on the market value.

ohh and post a link in your sig too, everthing helps.

That pretty much sums it up, so I'll close this thread and the OP can start a new one with all the details.

Vim Fuego - you can see the list of forum mods at the bottom of the main motors forum, feel free to send any of us a PM if you have questions like this in future :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement