Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Semi permanent makeup

Options
  • 25-01-2010 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

Hey

has anyone here gotten permanent or semi permanent make up done?
    what is good? results? how long did it last and where did you get it done?

Micropigmentation (semi-permanent make-up) is a cosmetic acupuncture technique which can be used for extremely subtle semi-permanent enhancement of the eyelashes, eyebrows and to contour lip shape or fullness. Full colour can also be achieved. Semi-permanent make-up can last for between 3 and five years depending on age and skin type. reference-http://www.spysalon.ie/semipermanent.php

i also found this http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/20/51934120.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Isn't that effectively tattoo-ing the lines onto your face?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

Pythia wrote: »
    Isn't that effectively tattoo-ing the lines onto your face?

sounds like a tattoo but it isn't forever its for 3 years i think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

I've yet to see a photo of anyone who has had it done who doesn't look like they slide around a greasy pole for a living.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I think it looks awful and i've never understood why women get this done. I don't believe anyone is so pressed for time in the morning that they can't spare five minutes to fill in their brows and line their eyes. And I don't think semi-perm makeup looks good at all; the photos of lip liner on that gumtree ad look really bad!

And what if the beautician messes up? They can't erase a tattoo!

I would also run a mile from a mobile beautician offering this service. The lady in that gumtree ad doesn't mention anything about insurance. At least if you go to a reputable salon and they screw up, you can sue them. With this person all you have is her mobile number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I know a girl who got her eyebrows done but hers were very very patchy in the first place. The job she got done was really natural looking. She got it done in a salon in Turkey though - dodgearama!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

serenacat wrote: »
    Hey

has anyone here gotten permanent or semi permanent make up done?
    what is good? results? how long did it last and where did you get it done?

Micropigmentation (semi-permanent make-up) is a cosmetic acupuncture technique which can be used for extremely subtle semi-permanent enhancement of the eyelashes, eyebrows and to contour lip shape or fullness. Full colour can also be achieved. Semi-permanent make-up can last for between 3 and five years depending on age and skin type. reference-http://www.spysalon.ie/semipermanent.php

i also found this http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/20/51934120.html

My dad is a fully qualified acupuncturist and he says that cosmetic acupuncture is bullshit.

Firstly, in terms of using it to rid yourself of wrinkles or lines sticking anything sharp near your face is going to cause the area to swell and for the lines to appear decreased but once the swelling going down they'll come back super quick.

Secondly, acupuncture involves ZERO ink or any other substance which would add colour?! This is NOT acupuncture, it's semi-permanent tattoo-ing (if there is such a thing? certainly not acupuncture though) and I wouldn't go near it. One slight mess up and you could be left looking like you're constantly surprised for three years. No thanks, I'll pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Looks awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

i have to say i agree with you all however i do know a girl who got her eyebrows done and it did look natural and good.

in style magazine prob 1 year ago this girl got her eyeliner tatooed on and said it was very natural looking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭darad

They tattoo on small strokes that look like hair, it looks fantastic and really natural

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I have the eye liner done, just a finer line. Delighted with it; it looks great, and the effect is better than could be achieved with actual make up. I had it done at a reputable outlet and wouldn't dream of letting some random person do it; they work far too close to your eyes to risk it!!

I would highly recommend it, but only if done by somebody 'proper'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Jennypops

i have been thinking about this for my brows for some time...obviously it needs to be done in the best possible place so any recommendations would be fab.
    i have seen one person with the eyebrows done and it was way ott but then have also seen really natural looking results which is what im after.
    i dont think its about not having the time to pop on a bit of make up but it would be nice to not have to apply make up, i know i wouldnt wear any if i didnt have to do my brows and once you have to do work on your brows you kinda need to dress up the rest of your face!! also when on hols or swimming etc..handy not to have to be concious of your face!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

To get a better result for the eyeliner a top up a month after having the first session is recommended and usually included on the cost. Thereafter a yearly top up is recommended to keep it looking it's best. Beyond a year it begin to fade I believe....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭darad

I got my lips done yesterday, at the moment they are swollen but cant wait to see them when they get back to normal :)

Advertisement