Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

golf problem

Options
  • 25-01-2010 6:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

basically i said i would ask on here for my friend. basically he does only abou 2000 miles a year if even that. he has a 2000 golf sdi diesel with 67000 miles. it hasnt been started for the last month. it wouldnt start so he jump started it. he then left it run for ten minutes. what happens now if you rev it up it wont return to idle revs when accelerator is released eg it will stay at 3000revs. when he stops it and starts it again it goes back to normal. but the minute he starts it again and presses it the smae thing happens. he says a light came on a couple of times which looks like squiggles and it flashes. its the first day battery by the way. any ideas of whats wrong

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭broro22

I reckon you need to get the ecu reset to basic setings sounds like its lost its parameters

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭trevm

yep you need to get your throttle body reset on diagnostic machine

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭AzureAuto

Dont know about the throttle body suggestion there, thats usually the case with the petrol models alright, but the throtle on those diesels is just a peventative run-on device as opposed to an air metering one.
    The glow plug light that is flashing doubles as a fault light (EML). If you need your car plugged into a diagnostic machine to narrow down the possbilities, PM me. Im mobile so could come to your friend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

ok so charged up the battery full yesterday. started it today and all is back to normal. the revs goes straight back to normal. did 50 miles today...

• Advertisement
Advertisement