Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are the junior cert results required as a mature student?

Options
  • 25-01-2010 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Are the junior cert results required as a mature student for the CAO?
    My friend is in university, she started last year as a mature student & she said that she never submitted her junior cert results.
    I have the personal statement, 3 references, CV & FETAC cert from a previous course ready to go but I'm just waiting on the JC results.
    Are they really necessary? Would it take from my application if I didn't submit them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

you mean leaving cert no?

if you have this then no, but if not, wont hurt, but if you have other certs after your junior cert then cant see why they would even look at it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

No you dont, i asked my guidance counsellor this same thing, and she pointed out to me on the CAO handbook that it states something similar to "Final Second Level Examination Results". That left me sending Leaving Cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

I was worried about the same thing over the past few weeks, and even after reading the cao handbook i was still non the wiser, but i emailed them and basically the situation for mature students is this;

If you have completed your Leaving then you DONT need to send your Junior cert, but if you have NOT done the leaving cert then you DO need to send a copy of your junior cert.

Personally, i completed the JC in 2001 so i didnt even have the cert anymore, so i was advised by cao to order a certified copy from the state examinations comission from www.examinations.ie, it costs €13.50 and takes anything from 7 to 14 days to receive it in the post.

Good luck:)

Advertisement