Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alfa Giulietta

Options
  • 25-01-2010 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭

Launching at the Geneva Motor show in March

2010_alfa-romeo_giulietta_01.jpg

2010_alfa-romeo_giulietta_02.jpg

2010_alfa-romeo_giulietta_03.jpg

Personally I would take that over any of the other offerings in the Golf class

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

If it wasn't for the front grill I'd assume it was a Leon. Nothing Alfa in that design at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

Confab wrote: »
    If it wasn't for the front grill I'd assume it was a Leon. Nothing Alfa in that design at all.

Lack of a rear door handle?...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Not going to make a 3 door version apparently, shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Tis the way of the future with Alfa it seems, they are trying to shoehorn elements of the 8C design into everything

I do like the swirly rear lights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Nice car but as stated above it doesn't shout Alfa....though the interior is gorgeous!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Sure the Leon is a copy of the 147. Same designer and he blatantly uses the same design cues on both. Although the Alfa is prettier.

I like it all bar the front end. Think it's better to see it in the flesh. Strange choice of colour too IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Yep, it looks a lot like a modded Seat. Which is not a bad thing, it's just not enough for an Alfa.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Fiesta

Do you pronounce Giulietta, Julie-etta?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

EPM wrote: »
    I like it all bar the front end. Think it's better to see it in the flesh. Strange choice of colour too IMO.

Reports are it looks better in the flesh so that is a good think

It is an odd colour to promote but I think it looks good in white, I would certainly consider getting one if it looks good in person (probably not in white though)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,891 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Doesn't do much for me, I'm afraid but I do like the back. And the hidden rear door handles work well. Again :)
    Fiesta wrote: »
    Do you pronounce Giulietta, Julie-etta?

Yup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I saw the thread title and was hoping for something really beautiful. Seems to me as though Alfa have lost their way in terms of aesthetics. They showed us they can do it with the 156, so why don't they? But yeah, i'd have one over a Golf too.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,434 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

They really should put the "evil" headlights on it, like all the facelifted models in, 2006?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Don't like the front at all, like the back a lot though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

antodeco wrote: »
    They really should put the "evil" headlights on it, like all the facelifted models in, 2006?

Yeah, but as the OP says, the newer models are taking their looks from the 8C.

The 8C is gorgeous, the MiTo looks ok for what it is, but I'm not gone on the replacement for the 147 (my first Alfa). I would hope that the long awaited replacement for the 166 and the 'Giulia' will go in a different direction, but I would have my doubts. Having said that, there have been renderings of the '169' with the bug eye look and it looked pretty good....

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭TheColl

EPM wrote: »
    Sure the Leon is a copy of the 147. Same designer and he blatantly uses the same design cues on both. Although the Alfa is prettier.

agreed, its an alfa, it should be red!

Advertisement