Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth rent advice please?

Options
  • 25-01-2010 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

I have looked through some old threads to get some ideas but was wondering if anyone has rented in/around Maynooth recently or could give us some advice?

My bf and I are looking to move in together and it's the first time either of us has lived away from home so we're pretty clueless tbh. There's one property we're particularly interested in... It's a two bedroomed house, small terraced one, with ensuite and main bathroom, it has a small garden with a shed and decking. The rent advertised for that one is 950pm. It has been on Daft a little while, and is available to move in immediately - and the text mentions it's free to move in from start of December. It's being advertised by the landlord himself not an agent

What's a realistic price to offer to pay? We don't want to have to walk away but we don't want to be taken for mugs either... but how low is too low? It's really difficult to try and figure out and I would really really appreciate any help at all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Where in Maynooth? There was a thread not so long ago about the good & bad places to rent in Maynooth http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055324980

Although it's only about renting, it'll tell you what estates to avoid, and why...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Oh I should say I live in Maynooth already so it's not the estates etc I need help with, it's more what's a realistic rent to try and negotiate

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Oh I should say I live in Maynooth already so it's not the estates etc I need help with, it's more what's a realistic rent to try and negotiate
    Seems to be the going rate in Maynooth, but apart from that, unsure. Is it number 5, 8, or 34? If so, be aware that they're on the market to be sold by various agents, and thus I'd wonder if the landlord is not actually an agent?

Advertisement