Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windows product needs to be activated in 7 days

Options
  • 25-01-2010 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Ok, ive a dell laptop for about 4 or so years, all of a sudden at bootup i get a small grey box saying "This windows product needs to be activated in 7 days, yes or no)" I click yes and another box comes up saying this version of windows is allready activated?

Whats going on?

Im running XP Service pack 3?

The windows cd also is a corparate one with no product key as it was an ex business machine from a previous job i had.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Can it still connect to the net?
    IF you need a serial number of your Operating system to be found, a copy of ROCKXP (here) might be useful for retrieving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Thanks i'll take a look. its strange it says it needs to be activated when its allready activated!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

The problem is that when i go to reactivate xp it says it is already activated!!! So no luck.

Update, seems its a service pack 3 problem/bug. Ive had to use a activation patch for service pack 3, which is ironic that ive had to use one of these patches on a genuine microsoft windows xp install!

Advertisement