Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Grand Megane

Options
  • 25-01-2010 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Was looking at one of these the weekend and I actually quite like it. We're looking for a car that will be used to ferry the dogs and kid around so an estate will be ideal for us and I think this one is actually quite good looking

http://www.renault.ie/newsite/export/cars/grandmegane/gallery.html

Prices aren't bad at the moment with the scrappage scheme and Renaults additional scrappage fee.

The only issue I had initially was the engine power, there's only really 2, the 1.6 16v petrol and the 1.5 dci diesel. However after driving the diesel I found it wasn't that bad at all, similar to the 1.6 Octavia and Vectra we currently have, but alot more economical. Plus we when it's loaded with a kid, all the associated stuff and a couple of dogs we're not going to be looking for some spirited driving.

Anyone else been looking at these ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Jip wrote: »

The only issue I had initially was the engine power, there's only really 2, the 1.6 16v petrol and the 1.5 dci diesel. However after driving the diesel I found it wasn't that bad at all, similar to the 1.6 Octavia and Vectra we currently have, but alot more economical. Plus we when it's loaded with a kid, all the associated stuff and a couple of dogs we're not going to be looking for some spirited driving.

Anyone else been looking at these ?

Theres 2 outputs in the diesel though, an 86 and a 106.

My cousin was looking at changing his Clio before Christmas and we had a test drive in a Megane hatch. I really liked it. He was buying it only he's the hardest person I've ever met to part with money so he spent ages mulling over the decision and seems to have got distracted now. He's great at convincign himself not to spend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Stekelly wrote: »
    Theres 2 outputs in the diesel though, an 86 and a 106.

Correct, forgot about that. Maybe I should have specified there's only really 2 in our range, the list price for the 106bhp is €2,200, not a whole lot actually but when do I need that extra 15kph top speed or to get to 100 2 seconds quicker ?

The price difference makes the 86 that but more palatable, but now I'm thinking.....

Advertisement