Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Successful entrepreneur looking for new ideas/business partners to expand portfolio

Options
  • 25-01-2010 3:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi All

I am a young and driven businessman. I have already successfully been involved with 2 business services startups in the financial and legal sectors in the last year. Both are going strong and one has become one of the leading Irish firms in the sector in less than 6 months. My talents lie in advertising and marketing (including online..... seo etc.). I have a number of resources at my disposal which would be highly benificial to any start up business.

I am looking to source new business opportunities and would be interested in talking to anyone who has an idea they want to get off the ground. If you are interested in talking to me please pm me with a brief outline of your proposal and what you would be looking for from me......both in terms of input and investment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Could you drop me a PM with a proposal please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

MD - how many areas can you "spam" in one night - as far as i can see you are currently posting on three forums with basically the same message - ie "I am the Messiah - you tell me your ideas and I'll see... but i will tell you nothing about me ..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 MD2510

Blue4ever- Spamming is a bit harsh!! I posted in three forums which are all related to the subject I posted to. Additionally I tagged the posts differently to maximise the search potential. I wanted to make as many people aware of this as possible, so I believe it is a sensible way of doing it.

As for your Messiah comment....I simply claim to have a proven skill set, one which a lot (not all) of people would find useful. If these skills are not of interest to you, that is fine but there is no need to be hostile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

That's not Hostility! My particular brand of Hostility is something completely different.

It an opinion - you want information - but yet divulge nothing about yourself. I just find that, well, curious - that's all - over and out.

On the contrary I am clearly not looking for anyone to provide detailed information, I am simply attempting to open up channels of communication. Anyone can PM me and ask any questions they see fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Listen no-one is going to jump on a bandwagon here by someone they dont know/wont give out any information etc.

I am the best, sign me up for your marketing campaign... why?

Your not really selling your skills to anyone, for all we know you could be a scam artist and know sweet f**k all about marketing, seo etc.

There was a guy who posted herer for a while called Andy Black i think, he gave a lot of advice and had some great info on his blog, his tactic was great. He didnt push his services as much as you and if he had stayed around people might have just used him.

Give info and stick arounds and you may get customers, otherwise you are wasting your time imo.

And this does not help your cause. http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61131310&postcount=1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

OP, are you this guy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

MD2510 - next time you post up something like this don't spam the 3 forums. Pick one and live with it.

Also, don't post up such a vague post without backing up your credentials. Post them here and now, or I'm binning this thread as I did the others.

I think you all have the wrong end of the stick entirely. I am far from a scam artist...I am looking to invest money and time in good ideas and companies with potential which are struggling to get off the ground for whatever reason.

I am interested in a partnership where I would provide a cash injection on an equity bases. Thus I don't want to put up my details as I would be bombarded. If I was asking people to part with their money I would of course develop a full proposal and deliver it to them in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Isnt the whole point of this thread for you to get bombarded with offers?

• Advertisement

I can check replies and pm's at my own discretion. I don't want to have to screen calls at work etc.

I hope that is a reasonable answer!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

You said your talents lie in advertising and marketing, online and SEO but thats the sole piece of information you gave.

If you want people to be interested you need to give them some information, a carrot on a string perhaps, some proof of your talents and expertise to get them interested in you before they consider pmming you for the big details and talking to you about a project. You know maybe market yourself, use those talents you have to market and advertise yourself on here so people might be interested a bit more..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

OP, you called the meeting, so you should open the kimono.

If you read the post properly I also say that I have set up two successful companies in business service sectors in the last year. Both of which are running a good profit and 1 of which that is now one of the top 5 such companies in Ireland. To maintain anonimity I don't want to give the names of the companies, which I think is reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

I have a business idea, will you send me the monies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

Just an opinion MD2510,

I have a product which I have developed and has to the potential to be a world wide product. Now someone like you on board could be very helpful but like the other guys say Id be very wary of PMing my idea to you as we just dont know about you or cant see what your about. Fair enough you will give info in private but just for yourself, people here dont like vague posts I guess it makes people concerned which I presume you understand? Its not a personal attack on you but if marketing is your thing, this was a PR disaster for you....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

MD2510 wrote: »
    If you read the post properly I also say that I have set up two successful companies in business service sectors in the last year. Both of which are running a good profit and 1 of which that is now one of the top 5 such companies in Ireland. To maintain anonimity I don't want to give the names of the companies, which I think is reasonable.

I read your post properly, i didnt ask you nor am i interested in your two companies so you can maintain your anonimity. I asked you about your expertise in advertising and marketing online and SEO. Some examples, a summary of your background and skills, something other than you saying you are great at these areas and have 2 very successful companies but you cant talk about any of it but if im interested to contact you. You have to see it from our point of view you are giving nothing. For a person thats a marketing and advertising expert you arent doing a great job marketing yourself on here I have to say. You dont have to divulge every detail, but some background, how you became an expert, or gained your skills or something to back up your comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

MD2510 wrote: »
    If you read the post properly

ME FAIL ENGLISH? UNPOSSIBLE!

Yeah - this is a load of cobblers. I gave you fair notice MD2510 but you persist with this strange lack of info.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement