Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Down Memory Lane

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

I have been using this site for years, It's a great resource for viewing old photos of Dublin and surrounding areas.

BUT what the Christ is going on with the admins?? over the past few months they have been going real Nazi stile over the members of the page, If they dont agree with You they jump all over Your comments, If You dare post a photo that is one day newer than 1st Jan 1990 it is removed and Yesterday, When I had audacity to ASK if anyone would be interested in a sister page ware You could view photos post 1990 and now and then photos ( Witch is frowned upon) They Banned Me from group and denied Me access to viewing the photos.And to add insult to injury they left My photos on the site until a friend of Mine asked them how they could do this. It wasn't like I said I was starting a Rival page, Just asking the members is they would like an alternative. Any one else get a kicking from them for doing something relatively harmless?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Bistoman wrote: »
    Any one else get a kicking from them for doing something relatively harmless?

What, you mean at any point over the more than 3 and a half years since the OP's post ?

What, you mean at any point over the more than 3 and a half years since the OP's post ?
    I mean any time, I used to love going trough the old photos, Just seems a little harsh to completely deny access for no real reason.

Edit: I just used used this post because it was the only post on Boards that Mentioned DDML, I probably should have started a new post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Bistoman wrote: »
    I mean any time, I used to love going trough the old photos, Just seems a little harsh to completely deny access for no real reason.

Edit: I just used used this post because it was the only post on Boards that Mentioned DDML, I probably should have started a new post.

Or maybe start a new facebook group dedicated to pictures of old dublin. Then you can do what you want. "Random facebook group enforces rules" doesn't really excite much interest.

Or maybe start a new facebook group dedicated to pictures of old dublin. Then you can do what you want. "Random facebook group enforces rules" doesn't really excite much interest.
    I would normally agree with you, but its not a " Little" Facebook group, its a group if 15000 Facebook uaers all based around Dublin. Thats ann awful lot of old photos that they arr denoying Me from seeing :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement