Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping?

Options
  • 24-01-2010 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Well me and some of my friends are gonna head off camping during the summer sometime, so we decided to get a head start on preparing!

I wanted to know if anyone has any good camping spots? We don't want a site that you have to play for and stuff, preferably wild with the likes of a forest and some water, able to light a fire etc. You know, the real camping experience :)

I've looked around the boards abit and seen some old camping threads, but I'm not sure how relevant they'd be these days so I thought I'd ask :)

Oh, and we also don't have a car, but we don't mind walking for a while from the likes of a bus stop :)

Thank you!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

Flemings, White Bridge Camping site in Killarney

Nice hot showers, very nice owners, beautiful campsite, good nightlife, great countryside.
    Ive been going every year since I was seventeen. And I had sex in the shower. It was fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Moved to Outdoor Pursuits

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Try posting in the Outdoor Pursuits forum, you should get a better response there.

Edit moved at the exact time I posted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Glenmalure in Wicklow would have loads of camping spots. Not too hard to get there either.

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Bus to enniskerry and walk walk walk. Always a great laugh.

Although these days even if i was with a gang of lads i will still consider a secure site. or at least ask a farmer if you can use his land beside a lake.

Where ever you go clean up. Bury the food and take away the plastics.

Its good maners.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 HardToBeat

Thanks to all who replied :)

I've seen Glenmalure, and it's a big possibility so thank you :)

White Bridge looks good, but it's not what I'm looking for, but thanks! :)

I heard Eniskerry is full of scumbags these days though? :eek:

Advertisement